What to do in Bari

Signdy

I'd like to hear from anyone who's enjoyed their stop at Bari. What should we try to see while we're there? Is there enough near the pier to keep us happy? We have limited funds for tours, and I'm traveling with my elderly dad who can't walk for too long. I appreciate your suggestions!

Bari is a terrific stop, especially for those with limited mobility. The terrain is flat, and the historic old town section is right where the cruise ship port is.

From the cruise ship terminal to the Basilica of St. Nicola, one of the key sites in old town, is only a little over a half mile.

Here is a good site for an overview of Bari and what to see there: http://www.turismo.regione.puglia.it/at/112/comune/138/en. Scroll down to the bottom for the list of sites "worth visiting"; each one has an expaination if you click on it.

and watch the world go by, lots of close cafes,shops,etc....

Dad can sit in park,while you explore,,,and would be very comfortable,,,can watch bochi ball,etc...

Its very scenic and like a town time forgot,,,we went on car tour on own and ended up spending 2 nites there because we just loved the feel of it...PS,even good restaurant at end of pier...:)

Archived