B2b2b &

Last night we decided to add 2 cruises to the 6 day we already have scheduled. I thought I could open multiple browsers & [hopefully] find the same cabin for all but that didn't work out so I just put them on hold. I plan on calling this morning to square that away & get our balcony discount but I'm not sure who to call. Do I call C & A or the number they show to reserve a cruise?

We're trying to keep the cost down but will be flying in a day ahead so I want to try Priceline for our pre-cruise hotel. That's as far as I've gotten & don't know where to begin............... Some of the problem is we're flying into Miami but cruising out of Fort Lauderdale. Also, because of luggage restrictions, we'll need to make a trip to a CVS or similar to pick up suntan lotion & a few other essentials.

Last, I need recommendations of who to use to get to the hotel, then the port & back to the airport that isn't going to charge an arm & a leg.

Iam fairly new to this site and very new to cruising but there is alot of information on this web site and one place I have read alot about when looking for hotels is lastminutetravel.com Iam sure you also know you can fly into FLL which I have read and heard is cheaper then flying into Miami also there are lots of threads regarding precruise hotels and transportaions to and from port

Last night we decided to add 2 cruises to the 6 day we already have scheduled. I thought I could open multiple browsers & [hopefully] find the same cabin for all but that didn't work out so I just put them on hold. I plan on calling this morning to square that away & get our balcony discount but I'm not sure who to call. Do I call C & A or the number they show to reserve a cruise?

We're trying to keep the cost down but will be flying in a day ahead so I want to try Priceline for our pre-cruise hotel. That's as far as I've gotten & don't know where to begin............... Some of the problem is we're flying into Miami but cruising out of Fort Lauderdale. Also, because of luggage restrictions, we'll need to make a trip to a CVS or similar to pick up suntan lotion & a few other essentials.

Last, I need recommendations of who to use to get to the hotel, then the port & back to the airport that isn't going to charge an arm & a leg.

Hi

A good hotel we found was the Hyatt Place on 17st in Fort Lauderdale - was I think about $70 a night on Hotwire. We landed in MIA too but we flew in from London, so I hired a sweet Camaro for the drive up. If you hire a car you can then drop it off at the airport - which is about 5 mins away from the airport and then get the free shuttle bus to the port.

Or, if you decide to have a private transfer to the hotel, I know that it had a free shuttle bus to the port. They also have a free continental breakfast which will tide you over until you get onboard the ship and hit the restaurants!:)

The hotel also has a CVS literally two minutes walk away so you could stock up on your holiday essentials before boarding the ship!

Cost wise for the trip up from MIA to Fort Lauderdale I would say that hiring a car would be around $50-60 (that was for an SUV) - not sure what a taxi/private transfer would be but I'm sure it would be more expensive.

Cheers

Darren

Iam fairly new to this site and very new to cruising but there is alot of information on this web site and one place I have read alot about when looking for hotels is lastminutetravel.com Iam sure you also know you can fly into FLL which I have read and heard is cheaper then flying into Miami also there are lots of threads regarding precruise hotels and transportaions to and from port

We're flying into MIA because we have a credit with American that we have to use or we'll lose it.

The reason I asked about Priceline is because I don't know what's in the different locations so I was hoping someone would be able to tell me they got a 3 1/2* in section 12 & it was a block away from a WalMart. I know bidding for a hotel I'll be taking a chance but if I have an idea of which area to go for it will be a big help. No guarantee, but at least I'd have a shot at getting what I need.

Yes, there are threads about transportation but I've had no luck when I contacted some of the places recommended so I'm asking again.

Hi

A good hotel we found was the Hyatt Place on 17st in Fort Lauderdale - was I think about $70 a night on Hotwire. We landed in MIA too but we flew in from London, so I hired a sweet Camaro for the drive up. If you hire a car you can then drop it off at the airport - which is about 5 mins away from the airport and then get the free shuttle bus to the port.

Or, if you decide to have a private transfer to the hotel, I know that it had a free shuttle bus to the port. They also have a free continental breakfast which will tide you over until you get onboard the ship and hit the restaurants!:)

The hotel also has a CVS literally two minutes walk away so you could stock up on your holiday essentials before boarding the ship!

Cost wise for the trip up from MIA to Fort Lauderdale I would say that hiring a car would be around $50-60 (that was for an SUV) - not sure what a taxi/private transfer would be but I'm sure it would be more expensive.

Cheers

Darren

The Hyatt sounds like just what we're looking for. Did you bid for it on Hotwire or was that the price through them? Was there a charge for parking? I'm not thrilled at the idea of renting a car but maybe that's the best way to go. Who did you rent from? Did you drop luggage off at the port before returning the car?

The Hyatt sounds like just what we're looking for. Did you bid for it on Hotwire or was that the price through them? Was there a charge for parking? I'm not thrilled at the idea of renting a car but maybe that's the best way to go. Who did you rent from? Did you drop luggage off at the port before returning the car?

We bid that price on hotwire and it was accepted - the rate on the Hyatt site was over $200. There was no charge for parking at the hotel. We rented from Budget - all the car rental offices are offsite but they have shuttle buses outside arrivals. We love renting cars as we can drive big SUV's or sports cars which we can't get in the UK!:)

I've never dropped the luggage off first - just dropped the car off at FLL airport, got the elevator to the correct floor and hopped on the shuttle bus to the airport - probably 30 mins max from dropping the car off to being dropped off at your ship.

Archived