Teen smoothie package discontinued?

My travel agent told me that NCL is discontinuing this program. Has anyone else heard that? My kids have always loved that. I know my SIL often uses passes from her kids book and then adds a shot of smuggled booze to it for a nice cheap frozen "pina colada" type drink. I wonder if there has been too much of that going on.

Even though it is not one of the Bon Voyage choices on the website any more, you can still purchase them onboard (at least as of last October).

I think you may need a teen in your group to purchase them though:confused:

Even though it is not one of the Bon Voyage choices on the website any more, you can still purchase them onboard (at least as of last October).

I think you may need a teen in your group to purchase them though:confused:

Hmmm, I wonder if discontinuing them from the Bon Voyage choices is the beginning of discontinuing them all together.

Hmmm, I wonder if discontinuing them from the Bon Voyage choices is the beginning of discontinuing them all together.

They've already been gone from the Bon Voyage choices for a long time though. When we were looking around this time last year for our cruise this past March, they were already gone.

I can't see any reason to discontinue them, since the savings aren't that great and a lot of people don't even use their whole book, so NCL probably does very well on them. The last time I purchased one, I simply asked a bartender for it; he asked if it was for a teen in my party and I told him it was for my daughter and that was that. She wasn't even with me.

My husband and my daughter usually share the coupons, since there are just too many for either of them to drink them all in one week. Nobody has ever had an issue with my husband pulling one out of his pocket or wallet and using it. Since they're not like the soda card, which can be used for as many drinks as you want, I think they are much less concerned about sharing. One coupon = one smoothie and they don't care who uses the coupon because once it's used, it's gone. :)

I would like to know if they are still available on the ship? Anyone recently on the pearl or similar ship have experience purchasing one? Where and how? How strict are they about a teen needing to be in your room? Thanks.

The book is called the "Teen Passport". The cost was $35.00 and you get 20 or 24 coupons for smoothies, virgin drinks, etc.

It is a very good deal.

:) I'm so glad to read this (and other comments on this thread). We intend to get one of these for our 15 yo DD, and am hoping to "share" a few of the coupons. We sail on the Jewel on 8/28/10.

I bought one also last week on the Dawn. It contains 20 coupons. They didn't even ask if I have a teen, although my 13, 11 and 10 year olds shared it. It could be used for virgin drinks, smoothies or a can of soda, and I used one once with no questions asked.

Archived