wine pkg on Epic?

erdoran

So if you order when you arrive are the bottles of wine delivered to your stateroom all at once or are they for consumption only with a meal?

When we have done this we have been given tickets listing the wines we selected.

Just present the ticket at any bar or restaurant and they will bring you your wine. You can drink it at lunch or dinner and take the rest back to your cabin or they will keep it for you and give you a reciept. Any bar or restaurant server can retrieve the partial bottle any time you want it.

I thought the system worked quite well.

Edited by 2inTul

• 3 years later...

Unless you are planning on bringing ultra-expensive wines onboard, like $25+ retail, I don't see the value in dragging your own on board.

If you consider the onboard discount wine packages, which gives you a 20% discount, you still have to pay 15% tip. That's just a net 5% savings. A $37 bottle of J. Lohr Cabernet is $15 retail, plus the $15 corkage you pay upon boarding, makes it $30. Onboard it's $37- add the 15% tip and deduct the 20% discount and it's $34. I'd rather pay that extra $4 x 7 days= $28 more to buy it onboard. Although, I haven't located the link on these boards with the exact wine choices for the wine packages...can someone help me there?

If you're more into the lower-range $5 retail wines, your final price of $20 bottle with corkage will probably be a better value.

Makes sense to me to just buy on board for the mid-range wines and skip the carry-on hassle. Carrying on low and high end wines will get you the better bargain.