Random POA dessert question

scrappydoo

I know this is random --- but has anyone ever gone into one of the dining rooms and ordered JUST dessert?? Just out of curiosity, I guess, I love me some dessert!! :D (I always look at the restaurant's dessert menu first, haha) So perchance I see some fabulous sounding dessert on the menu, that I'm dying to try, on some particular evening say, I've already eaten elsewhere. Has anyone ever done this? Juuuuust curious... ;)

So no one's ever done it? Any brave souls out there? :) I'm NOT saying I'll do it, BUT if that perfect dessert calls my name one night, I certainly don't want to commit a cruise dining faux pas (as I've only been on two cruises & never been on NCL) or get the stink-eye from the waitstaff. :D

annecolorgreen, did you order just a house salad and dessert on POA or other cruise? did they look at you funny or question you?

Thanks for playing along with my random question!

I did just that in the main dining room on Norwegian Jade last year. Didn't have any problem. The service was fast. The waitress was very nice despite it was late just before closing time for the dining room.

Of course. We've gone into the dining several times, ordered dessert and coffee. NCL is "Freestyle". They couldn't care less So go for it. My hubby has ordered TWO so...;)

We were going to do it one night, but nothing was appealing to us on the dessert menu. :(

Thanks for the positive feedback, I guess that would make sense, seeing as how NCL is "Freestyle!" :) I'm excited that that's an option, since I do love me my dessert. But it does seem that the reports have been that the desserts aren't very good on the POA? I remember being on Princess and everyone left my table (due to motion sickness, and I was the only one who had taken a preventative Bonine) - I was determined to stay and wait for my souffle!! :p And boy was it worth it, SO YUMMY!! Anyone remember a good dessert they had on the POA that I should keep my eye out for? :D

Anyone remember a good dessert they had on the POA that I should keep my eye out for? :D

We never found a dessert that amazed us. Most nights I had fruit. Didn't find things worth the calories. Our HAL cruise was much different. I gained weight on that one, but not an ounce on the POA.

We never found a dessert that amazed us. Most nights I had fruit. Didn't find things worth the calories. Our HAL cruise was much different. I gained weight on that one, but not an ounce on the POA.

Oh wells.... I guess better for my waistline then. I'll just have to concentrate on the beautiful islands instead! :D Can't wait!!

Oh wells.... I guess better for my waistline then. I'll just have to concentrate on the beautiful islands instead! :D Can't wait!!

Maybe you will have better luck than we did. I hope so.

There were four of us and no one found the desserts amazing. We ate two nights at the Skyline, one at the Cadillac Dinner and the rest in the Aloha Buffet. Several nights we checked the Skyline menu's desserts. We had planned on going just for dessert, but nothing every appealed to us. I am pretty fussy about desserts. If they are not going to be scrumptious, I will not waste the calories on them. If I am going to eat something unhealthy at least it better be worth it. ;)

Maybe you will have better luck than we did. I hope so.

There were four of us and no one found the desserts amazing. We ate two nights at the Skyline, one at the Cadillac Dinner and the rest in the Aloha Buffet. Several nights we checked the Skyline menu's desserts. We had planned on going just for dessert, but nothing every appealed to us. I am pretty fussy about desserts. If they are not going to be scrumptious, I will not waste the calories on them. If I am going to eat something unhealthy at least it better be worth it. ;)

I hear you...nothing is worse than a "half-done" "meh" dessert. ;) I would probably rather just have some ice cream with some caramel sauce over it.

I hear you...nothing is worse than a "half-done" "meh" dessert. ;) I would probably rather just have some ice cream with some caramel sauce over it.

Even the first few days the ice cream in the Aloha cafe was horrible. It was not at all creamy. Tasted like there was absolutely no fat in it. However, later in the week my daughter tried it again and it was SO MUCH better. I had a little bit and had to agree it was quite good. (At least compared to what they were serving earlier in the week.) My guess is someone didn't follow the recipe. Don't know what else it could have been.

On my last cruise with NCL, we had a couple seated next to us. There were going to each of the "free" restaurants and ordering nothing but the dessert specials for the night.

There were very open and vocal about it and none of the waiters seem to have a problem with it. In fact it looked like a lot of fun!

On my last cruise with NCL, we had a couple seated next to us. There were going to each of the "free" restaurants and ordering nothing but the dessert specials for the night.

There were very open and vocal about it and none of the waiters seem to have a problem with it. In fact it looked like a lot of fun!

LOL. That is great. That is like my dream come true...:D Thanks TorchwoodPDX! The more responses I get, the more I think I'll have to try it. Does sound fun, doesn't it? :D Hopefully the desserts will sound good and be calling my name...

LOL. That is great. That is like my dream come true...:D Thanks TorchwoodPDX! The more responses I get, the more I think I'll have to try it. Does sound fun, doesn't it? :D Hopefully the desserts will sound good and be calling my name...

When do you go? You MUST post your findings/best pics :D. A "Dessert Review" - now THAT would be a MUST READ.

Absolutely!

We've also been known to go to the Buffet late in the evening simply for the ice cream machine.

Of course they have desserts available too, but I like having a bowl (or two) of soft serve ice cream.

It's fun too, to just watch the people.

If you don't care to go to the restaurants, room service will bring you dessert and ice cream, as well.

I love FreeStyle!

We went to the main dining room of the POA one evening after going to a specialty restaurant. It was coconut creme pie that I was in search of. We had dessert and coffee and no one batted an eye!!

Mm... How was the coconut creme pie?? How are the souffles on NCL, are they any good?

Archived