Carnival Triumph 4/23/05 Eastern Caribean

glin930

Our family (me, my wife, and 2 boys age 7 & 3) is taking the above cruise for 7 nights and it will stop at San Juan PR, St Thomas, and St Maarten. I have the following questions:

1) Is it true that each party can order more than one appetizer / entree / desert during sit down dinner?

2) Any suggestion what to do and where to go at each port. My two boys like beach and is there any beautiful beach suggestion at St Thomas & St Maarten.

3) We will be arriving at San Juan late in the afternoon. Any suggestion what to do there?

4) Can we buy calling card at San Juan and still can be use at St Thomas and St Maarten?

Thanks

Yes, you can order as many entrees/desserts as you wish.

I often order the seafood AND a beef and make my own surf n turf, especially on lobster night.

San Juan is a waste of a stop, especially with kids. We got off early and just strolled downtown for a bit and back on board for dinner. FYI. Most people eat dinner in San Juan that night but that's the night they serve Filet Mignon. Thank goodness we ate on the ship!!!

St. Thomas- Maagen's Bay is beautiful!! Crowded, but beautiful. Want an unspoiled beach? Take the taxi to the Red Hook Ferry and ferry over to St. John. Hardly anyone there and probably the most beautiful beach I've ever seen!!!

St. Maarten- We asked the driver for a kid friendly beach (calm waters, no nudity). Le Galion Beach, near the butterfly farm is the perfect family beach. There were only about 10 other people on the beach (and that's with 3 other ships in port). There's a small restaurant with restrooms and you can participate in various water sports. The water is extremely shallow and shielded by the cove. Most of the beaches on St. Maarten are opend directly to the ocean and the waves can get rough, but not Le Galion! HINT: pre-arrange the return trip transportation. Taxis do not regularly stop there.

Email me with any questions at born2crooz@comcast.net

Archived