1/2 day in Barcelona - is there time??

We arrive in Barcelona at 12:30 in the afternoon & our cruise leaves the next day.

We'd like to see La Sagrada (inside & outside if its open - the Pope is there the next day so I'm not sure about that one):confused:, Casa Mila & Casa Batllo. Is there time to fit that in to one afternoon? We thought we'd check in at the Hotel (or drop our bags off) and go from there.... I'd like people's thoughts on how much time is needed at each site.

We could do either Casa Mila or Casa Batllo on the Sunday morning before heading off to the cruise ship if necessary, but I would prefer to do our sightseeing on the Saturday.

Thanks!

We arrive in Barcelona at 12:30 in the afternoon & our cruise leaves the next day.

We'd like to see La Sagrada (inside & outside if its open - the Pope is there the next day so I'm not sure about that one):confused:, Casa Mila & Casa Batllo. Is there time to fit that in to one afternoon? We thought we'd check in at the Hotel (or drop our bags off) and go from there.... I'd like people's thoughts on how much time is needed at each site.

We could do either Casa Mila or Casa Batllo on the Sunday morning before heading off to the cruise ship if necessary, but I would prefer to do our sightseeing on the Saturday.

Thanks!

You can pre-book tickets for La Sagrada Familia and Casa Battló. We did both the morning before check-in for the ship.

http://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2009/11/for-english-version-please-wait.html

Tickets for Casa Battló can be easily collected at the ATMs of the bank which sponsors the Casa Battló. So you can skip the lines at the entrance.

If you pre-book your tickets for La Segrada Familia you can skip the lines as well as you can use a special side entrance.

Go as early as possible and queue up first for the lift (extra payment) for the tower.

Once you are down on earth you should see first the video.

After that it is much more easier to understand everything around.

So you can do it.

Casa Mila was closed due to private function... happens very frequently.

So we did not see this.

Regards

HeinBloed

Thanks!

Yes, you can fit it in. We did similar to what you laid out in one full day (arrived at hotel from overnight flight around 930am), but also wandered the gothic quarter and spent some time on La Ramblas and took everything at a leisurely pace.

Barcelona is a great taxi city - low cost and readily available. I would use them to save time so that you can save time and fit more in.

Archived