Guaranteed Cabins - How early are they assigned?

Hi everyone --

We've booked a guaranteed balcony on Mariner in August, and are wondering how early it will be assigned. Also, when it's assigned, will be see the info on RCCL's website under Guest Info forms?

Since this is our first cruise, we don't know a lot about upgrades... Can some please give us an idea of upgrade prices at the dock (for two people)?

And one last question -- if we're assigned to a balcony cabin on Deck 6, does that mean we'll be able to hear what's going on on the deck below us - which I think includes one of the nightclubs?

Thanks so much for your help! icon_smile.gif

Time 'til Mariner on 8/29/04 -- our first cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I think it depends - we've already gotten our cabin number for a guaranteed Atrium View room on the Mariner in September... It may depend on how full your cruise is.

Sovereign of the Seas, 2/27/2003

Celebrating my husband's 30th birthday on the Mariner of the Seas, 9/5/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 'til the Mariner!!

We paid in full last week for our 8/8 Voyager cruise and the assigned stateroom appeared by last Friday when I went to view boarding forms.

We had a guaranteed inside stateroom and that is exactly what they've been assigned. But, a category N vs. a Category Q, almost midship, so not quite the bottom of the barrel. I've heard upgrades can happen but we wont' bank on it. It's for my 25 and 10 year old sons - they're just happy to be cruising.

We're sailing on August 29th, and we've been paid-in-full since June 3rd, but still no cabin #. This waiting is going to drive me nuts! Wish I could be more like my hubby, he just takes everything in stride and has the patience of a saint. I have no such thing. icon_wink.gif

If we're not thrilled with our cabin, would still love to hear how much upgrades are at the pier (if they're available). From looking at the deck layouts, I think we could be happy with any balcony cabin, the only thing I'm a little worried about is being on Deck 6 and hearing noise from below.

Thanks for all the info!!!

Time 'til Mariner on 8/29/04 -- our first cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Your irritation is one of the reasons I do NOT BOOK guarantees. I tried it once at my TA's suggestion and got essentially nothing in return. I do not like waiting for my cabin assignment.

Gene in Birmingham

We are booked on the Sovereign for 8/6. At 59 days out, I checked our reservation and a cabin was assigned. We booked a gty.h or better oceanview. They gave us cabin 3008. It is a cat h and also is way at the front of the ship. We were hoping as first timers with RCCL, we would get an upgrade. I called the cruiseline and they said that if the cabin is assigned already, it will probably stay. No thanks...we changed our cabin to deck 6 oceanview. It is the same size and it is midship, both ways, and no porthole. It only cost a total of 50 dollars more.

Carnival does better with guarantees. Most people that book a gty. get upgraded.

I paid in full may 25 for our oct sailing. We received our room assignments last week. so I would guess you have to paid in full.

would not hurt to call RCI. I called and got a room more midship, than was originally issued.

enchantment 10/2

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;2;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived