Would we be able to get a taxi/van from the ferry..m

ekmmom

Shouldn't be a problem. The cost per cab for 5-6 passengers is $7.19 and $2.50 each additional mile. For four of us with tip, we paid around $8 so you'll probably pay around $10....a bit cheaper than the shuttle at $3 per person.

You could also walk if you would like. Probably about 30 minutes and it takes you through town, the local condo resort, local golf course and plenty of time to enjoy the view from the top of the hill overlooking the bay, the golf course, and Fort St-Catherine's at the wetern point of the island. I have stayed at that condo resort twice and it was about 15 munite walk from the resort to the bay. I suspect it takes 5-10 minutes from the port to the resort.

You need to be comfortable with walking up hills though and need a map (google should do) to make sure that you do not get lost.

Shouldn't be a problem. The cost per cab for 5-6 passengers is $7.19 and $2.50 each additional mile. For four of us with tip, we paid around $8 so you'll probably pay around $10....a bit cheaper than the shuttle at $3 per person.

That's good to know!

You could also walk if you would like. Probably about 30 minutes and it takes you through town, the local condo resort, local golf course and plenty of time to enjoy the view from the top of the hill overlooking the bay, the golf course, and Fort St-Catherine's at the wetern point of the island. I have stayed at that condo resort twice and it was about 15 munite walk from the resort to the bay. I suspect it takes 5-10 minutes from the port to the resort.

You need to be comfortable with walking up hills though and need a map (google should do) to make sure that you do not get lost.

I wish we we could, my daughter has a bad bout of tendonitis of her achilles and there's no way she'll be able to make the walk, especially uphill. Hopefully, the next time!

Archived