Bluehole Watersports - Nassau

Persnickety

Hey All,

I've reserved a snorkeling tour with this company for my stop here in December off the Allure. My info says we dock from 7am till 1pm and this tour is at 10:30 for 1.5hours.

I'm having some second thoughts about booking an independent excursion on such a short port stop, mostly in case of a breakdown or something like that.

My question is has anyone used Basil Taylor's company for any type of tour and what have been your experiences?

We'd love to snorkel in the Bahamas but if this company is prone to problems (I fully understand that accidents happen) on a regular basis, I'd not hesitate to cancel.

Thanks for any input

Persnickety

Hey All,

I've reserved a snorkeling tour with this company for my stop here in December off the Allure. My info says we dock from 7am till 1pm and this tour is at 10:30 for 1.5hours.

I'm having some second thoughts about booking an independent excursion on such a short port stop, mostly in case of a breakdown or something like that.

My question is has anyone used Basil Taylor's company for any type of tour and what have been your experiences?

We'd love to snorkel in the Bahamas but if this company is prone to problems (I fully understand that accidents happen) on a regular basis, I'd not hesitate to cancel.

Thanks for any input

Persnickety

Basil should be able to tailor your time to suit your needs . Perhaps you can go out at 9am instead of 10:30. He usually is pretty flexible unless you are going out with another group.

Give him a call

http://www.blueholewatersports.com/

I haven't heard any complaint about his company of staff. We've been out with him a couple of times. Just make sure he knows you are on a cruise ship and what time you need to be back.. reiterate this with him or the crew when you arrive as well.

DH and I went snorkeling with this company 2 years ago. We didn't book through the cruise line, decided to get off and see what we could find/do. Found this company as they were very close to the dock and booked a little snorkeling trip, very pleased with them.

Because the "check in" place is so close to the dock you really should be fine. We were docked in Nassau all day (even tho things closed at 6) so we didn't really have to worry about watching time. But if you can get an earlier time (even 30 mins) to make you feel more comfortable then do it.

Archived