Grenada Tours - Dec 2010 - Celebrity Summit

Kruz Guys

We are trying to find out about the various tour guides in Grenada. Many posts have praised Mandoo Tours but there are also a number of bad reports. In addition, his company requires your credit card information up front. I just don't feel comfortable with that.

I know Celebrity Cruise Line will sponsor tours and that is an alternative but I would like to arrange something for 4 to 6 people at most.

Does anyone have any other good information on other tour guides in Grenada?

I found this link and am starting to look at the various groups suggested on this site. Supposedly these are government approved city guides.

http://www.grenadaexplorer.com/Tours.htm

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just wanted to say that we will be in Grenada in December too but not in the same cruise. Me too I have the same link as you and I had the same question: we heard a lot about Mandoo, but nothing about the other ones in the Grenada Explorer site. Hope to have more information about what would be the best to do... (Sorry for my english, it's not my first language. Also, it's my first reply on that site, and I'm not sure if I do it right. In fact, it's the fist time in my life I've been on a forum :rolleyes:)

I just wanted to say that we will be in Grenada in December too but not in the same cruise. Me too I have the same link as you and I had the same question: we heard a lot about Mandoo, but nothing about the other ones in the Grenada Explorer site. Hope to have more information about what would be the best to do... (Sorry for my english, it's not my first language. Also, it's my first reply on that site, and I'm not sure if I do it right. In fact, it's the fist time in my life I've been on a forum :rolleyes:)

Welcome to forums. There is a wealth of information on forums of all types. As long as you remember that there are all types of people:rolleyes: on them, you can learn a lot and make new "friends". Sometimes it's difficult to separate the fact from the fiction, so don't believe everything you read (unless I write it:D).

Don't worry about English not being your first language...you made yourself well understood.:) Forums are probably a great place to learn and practice when you have basics of another language, especially if you let people know that you don't speak the language as a first language. I tried improving my French on a gardening forum once. I don't remember enough French:o to improve by reading a forum.

As for Grenada, we are going on a strictly snorkeling excursion. Last year, we tried Magazine Beach. It's a beautiful beach but the water was too rough for me to snorkel much, because it's not protected at all (in fact, almost every place we went for 2 weeks had rougher than wanted water. Even when the water was calm, the water had been rough enough that the water wasn't clear). We're hoping for better snorkeling all around this year. We're going with Native Spirit, who has excellent reviews on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your reply. I'll continue to get informations on the forums and on TripAdvisor and I'll try to pick the fact instead of the fiction (hoping I would come across good people like you who only tell the truth!:D)

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from Grenada and took the Spice Plantations tour with Mandoo. It was on an air-conditioned bus with about 20 people. It was a great tour! I reserved it ahead of time, but did not provide a credit card number....we paid in cash at the end of the tour. Mandoo was a wonderful guide....very knowledgable and very professional. It was our first trip to Grenada and I was so impressed with the beauty of the island and the friendliness of the people. We also made a trip to Grand Anse beach at the end of the tour for those who wanted to go (the others were dropped off at the pier). One of our best tours!

• 2 weeks later...
As for Grenada, we are going on a strictly snorkeling excursion.

We, too, are avid snorkelers, but I am glad that we toured Grenada. It is beautiful and quite different from most of the other islands we have visited.

We chose our cruise last year because I wanted to stop in Trinidad. Because of a political summit being held there at that time, we were diverted to Grenada. We absolutely loved the place!

We, too, are avid snorkelers, but I am glad that we toured Grenada. It is beautiful and quite different from most of the other islands we have visited.

We chose our cruise last year because I wanted to stop in Trinidad. Because of a political summit being held there at that time, we were diverted to Grenada. We absolutely loved the place!

Hi, did you snorkel in Grenada? we love to snorkel but have heard it is not the greatest snorkeling. the underwater sculpture park looks interesting and also we are looking at a whale and dolphin excursion. We have seen these magnificent creatures in Boston on a couple of occasions and don't know if there are other things we should see in Grenada.

Hi, did you snorkel in Grenada? we love to snorkel but have heard it is not the greatest snorkeling. the underwater sculpture park looks interesting and also we are looking at a whale and dolphin excursion. We have seen these magnificent creatures in Boston on a couple of occasions and don't know if there are other things we should see in Grenada.

No, we did not snorkel in Grenada because we had heard it was a beautiful and interesting island so we decided to tour by land. Nothing that I tell you would stand out, but it was such a combination of little things that totally delighted us. It seemed that every tree on the island bore something edible. Shore to shore fruit and nut trees. The people we met all seemed to have walked out of a novel. Strange characters thrown in to add local colour.

We were not happy when told that we would miss out on Trinidad, which was the main purpose of our booking this cruise, but we fell in love with Grenada. It was well worth giving up one day of snorkeling.

Archived