Respond only if fresh off Oasis...

Just want to know what time you are actually able to physically disembark the ship in St. Maarten and what time you were required to be back on the ship in the afternoon...renting a car and want to know what times to put on the reservation. Thanks!

You arrive 7am, and depart at 5pm

Just make sure you check your cruise compass that day and make sure you are on board by the time they tell you to be. Don't be late, they don't wait! (we had a few people that missed the ship in Nassau)

Just make sure you check your cruise compass that day and make sure you are on board by the time they tell you to be. Don't be late, they don't wait! (we had a few people that missed the ship in Nassau)

Hi Cindy!! Oh wow, I remember you told me about those kids that were left behind!!!

Hi Denice!! It turned out they were all over 18 (not sure how far over, though!) There were 6 people that were left in Nassau and they all picked up the ship in St. Thomas. The captain verified that when we went to the Capt Q&A session.

Hi Denice!! It turned out they were all over 18 (not sure how far over, though!) There were 6 people that were left in Nassau and they all picked up the ship in St. Thomas. The captain verified that when we went to the Capt Q&A session.

Is this where the kids were crying and begging them to wait as the ship was pulling away? I don't know the particulars but if there was anyone on the pier I don't think they should be left and if that was the case that is bull crap. Is it against some rule to redock the ship? If this is incorrect please correct me. I know traffic can be horrendous on these islands and if you are in a traffic jam even if you are responsible you could still be late if not careful.

I rented a car in St. Maarten and did not have a reservation.. I have done this twice. Once on the oasis and once on another ship You will probably get a better deal if you wait and just rent when you get there. One place had a sign cars for $25. I needed a van for 11 and it cost me $89 plus tax and I did get insurance. Bottom line was $130. My nephew lived there for 2 years. There can be a lot of theft. He said leave nothing in the car and don't lock it. If they can get in and see there is nothing to be taken they will leave it alone, if you lock it they will break a window or door lock to get in. There can be a lot of traffic there so allow plenty of time. A great place to go if you have a car is sunset beach where the planes come in really low over the beach and mullet beach which is nearby.

Is this where the kids were crying and begging them to wait as the ship was pulling away? I don't know the particulars but if there was anyone on the pier I don't think they should be left and if that was the case that is bull crap. Is it against some rule to redock the ship? If this is incorrect please correct me. I know traffic can be horrendous on these islands and if you are in a traffic jam even if you are responsible you could still be late if not careful.

The ship never leaves early.

If departure time is 5, all aboard is 4:30.

If someone is not on board at 5, they are already half an hour late.

And yes, there IS a rule against redocking the ship. The fines can run into the thousands of dollars.

We did not leave on time. We left a bit later. From what I understood, they did not return till after 5, and it could have been closer to 5:15. Cindy I think knows the exact time as she saw them.

And I agree, they should not have redocked for them.

I was on the helipap for a Diamond/Diamond plus sailaway and was watching dozens and dozens of people walking toward the ship at even 4:50 with not a care in the world. It is risky at best to cut it that close. We had some torrential rains at that moment and we were cleared from the area or I would have seen the incident from there.

Archived