Length of Metro A ride from Termini to Cipro

carebear11

Hi,

My husband and I have booked a group tour of the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica. We are meeting the tour guide at Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie which is 5 minute walk from the Cipro metro station. we are taking the train from Civitavecchia to Rome and we were wondering how long the Metro ride from Termini Station to the Cipro Metro Station.

Thanks for any help.

Cipro is the seventh stop after Termini, so I'd figure about 15 minutes once you are on the train. Depending on the time of day, you may wait as much as five minutes for a train.

Stops on Metro A, direction Battistini

* Termini

* Repubblica

* Barberini

* Spagna

* Flaminio

* Lepanto

* Ottaviano/S. Pietro/Museii Vaticani

* Cipro

You can see the meto map here: http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=4

This route offers the least amount of walking, but may not be the quickest if you are coming from Civitavecchia.

Thank you for the quick response.

So what is the better way to get from the port to this Piazza?

We have also considered taking the train from the port to the Roma S. Pietro stop and walking to the Piazza, google maps says it is about 2.2 km and 27 minutes? My husband and I are in relatively good shape and can usually walk a mile in 20 minutes so we think it will be faster to take this route rather than the one I described in previous post. (port to termini then Metro A). The termini stop is 23-25 minutes past Roma S. pietro so we would be back tracking.

thanks for any input.

There are two ways to get there from the San Pietro stop. Walking is about a mile and a half, if you go through Piazza San Pietro. You can shave a couple of tenths of a mile off the walk if you go around the backside of the Vatican, but the view isn't nearly as nice.

The other possibility is to change trains at the San Pieto station and get on the FR3 regional train for one stop to Valle Aurelia. From there to Piazza Santa Maria della Grazie is a straight shot up Via Angelo Emo for a half mile.

If you use the BIRG ticket, this additional train would be covered by the BIRG ticket.

For example, on a weekday:

7:33 train from Civitavecchia, arrive Rome San Pietro 8:25, then 8:32 FR3 train, arrive Valle Aurelia 8:34, walk one half mile.

or

7:59 train from Civitavecchia, arrive Rome San Pietro 8:53, then 9:02 FR3 train, arrive Valle Aurelia 9:06, walk one half mile.

or

8:41 train from Civitavecchia, arrive Rome San Pietro 9:24, then 9:32 FR3 train, arrive Valle Aurelia 9:36, walk one half mile.

Archived