Help with Identifying a hotel on hotwire

lovin2cruize

Hi all

I was wondering if you could help me with trying to identify this hotel on hotwire. I looked on a couple of websites and I can't figure it out.

It says Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area hotel

4* $109 per night for 10/22 - 10/24 2010

Oceanfront(property is located on the ocean but not directly on the beach)

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet

Spa

When I was comparing them to the list i had found it didn't match any of them exactly, so I was stumped.

Thanks for all your help.

According to betterbidding it sounds like the Hyatt Pier 66

4* Hyatt Pier 66 (previously 3.5*)

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Tennis

(VP currently showing: Resort, Near Beach, Restuarant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa)

Hi all

I was wondering if you could help me with trying to identify this hotel on hotwire. I looked on a couple of websites and I can't figure it out.

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet

Spa

When I was comparing them to the list i had found it didn't match any of them exactly, so I was stumped.

Sounds like the W to me. Many people have reported getting the W for that same price and the amenities match what is reported at betterbidding.com.

Hi all

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet

Spa

I think it is the W to me. I got the W on priceline for 10/16 - 10/17 for a bid of $89 after taxes it came to $107. But everything matches up with the W on Betterbidding. Good Luck:D

thanks everyone. i appreciate the help. i called the W Hotel to see if they charge for parking overnight and it is $30. Holy cow!! I love the look of this hotel but can't believe the price of parking a car.

They don't charge a resort fee, so you are looking at $137 including parking and tax. That is a great deal for the W! For $30 they will valet park your car in their garage and you can take it out as often as you like.

They don't charge a resort fee, so you are looking at $137 including parking and tax. That is a great deal for the W! For $30 they will valet park your car in their garage and you can take it out as often as you like.

Yes that is a good rate, your right. It says it is $254.86 plus $60 for the parking for two nights for a total of $314.86. So for about $158 per night is great. I was just concerned about the reviews people were writing about the way the bathroom was set up with a glass wall? do you know anything about that?

Yes that is a good rate, your right. It says it is $254.86 plus $60 for the parking for two nights for a total of $314.86. So for about $158 per night is great. I was just concerned about the reviews people were writing about the way the bathroom was set up with a glass wall? do you know anything about that?

After all the research I have done on the W. Other people say that in some of the rooms they have a glass wall that you can see right into the bathroom/shower area. Also some say they have these shutters that you can pull back so that you won't be able to see in there. Not really sure but when I go in Oct. I'll be asking for a room with either no glass or with shutters.:D

Yes there is no guarantee when you book on the discount sites what kind of room you will get. If you can't live with that room arrangement, I wouldn't book with hw or pl. Call and see if all the rooms are like the above and if when booked on third party site, you can have a guarantee, not just a request, on your confirmation.

After all the research I have done on the W. Other people say that in some of the rooms they have a glass wall that you can see right into the bathroom/shower area. Also some say they have these shutters that you can pull back so that you won't be able to see in there. Not really sure but when I go in Oct. I'll be asking for a room with either no glass or with shutters.:D

I talked to another person at the W Hotel and it seems if you have a king size bed you have a glass wall. If you have two queen beds then you will have privacy. So if you choose three people in a room on hotwire then maybe you can get two queen size beds so that you can have privacy??

The toilet is private. You can only see the shower and sink from the bed. Once the hot water gets steamy you can't see anything.

The toilet is private. You can only see the shower and sink from the bed. Once the hot water gets steamy you can't see anything.

Thanks royalcruz. I appreciate the help. Where is the toilet placed in the bathroom if it is private? Does it have its own door or is it just out of sight from the glass window on the shower? Can you see the toilet if you are laying on the bed?

Archived