18yr old – Entourage club advice please

diddydoormouse

My kids want to stay together on the ship but one will have just reached 18 (the month before we sail) the other 15. Is it possible for an 18yr old to use the entourage club with his sister? Do they ask for ID when they enrol ?. He is still at school and I wouldn’t want him to miss the Teen fun and have to hang around with his parents! Any Advise please.

In my experience, they are very strict about enforcing the age limits in the clubs. They don't check ID each and every time you enter, but when you sign up the first time they'll know his age from your cruse docs and won't let him in. :-(

They will not let anyone use entourage if they are below the age of 13 or above the age of 17. We traveled with a group of 4 kids and 2 of them were 12, one was 16 and one 18, they do check ages when you sign up and are very strict about it. The Kids ended up doing their own thing because the 12 year olds felt out of place in the 10 to 12 year old group,(too many little ones running through the area from the younger club). The 16 year old didn't want to go alone and the 18 year old was not comfortable in the adult only area's. They of course still had a great time on the ship, plenty to do, but would have enjoyed meeting others if they had been able to utilize entourage.

Ok..I am sure someone will have a problem with this but...there are ways to get into the kids club...friends of ours have two girls one just turned 18 and they have a 15 yr old...once the 15yr old checked into and signed up for the kids club they put a sticker on their card. 15yr old went to desk same day and said lost card..then the 18yr old used the "lost" card to get into the club as most of the time they just checked for a sticker on the card and did not scan the card every time a kid went into or out of the club...I think they did not have a problem all week....... I am not advocating this..just saying there is a way around it sometimes....

Ok..I am sure someone will have a problem with this but...there are ways to get into the kids club...friends of ours have two girls one just turned 18 and they have a 15 yr old...once the 15yr old checked into and signed up for the kids club they put a sticker on their card. 15yr old went to desk same day and said lost card..then the 18yr old used the "lost" card to get into the club as most of the time they just checked for a sticker on the card and did not scan the card every time a kid went into or out of the club...I think they did not have a problem all week....... I am not advocating this..just saying there is a way around it sometimes....

And we wonder why some kids had no problem stealing my son's cruise card and running up $150 in video game charges. Some are taught to cheat and bypass rules by their parents. I'm not condemning you, as I know this is a friend of yours, but I can't help commenting on how this sets a horrible example for kids.

And we wonder why some kids had no problem stealing my son's cruise card and running up $150 in video game charges. Some are taught to cheat and bypass rules by their parents. I'm not condemning you, as I know this is a friend of yours, but I can't help commenting on how this sets a horrible example for kids.

I was thinking the same thing as I read the post!

Ditto. The 18 yr old can get alcohol and then bring it to the Teen Club. I do not want an 18 yr old in with my 13 yr grand daughter. I am not saying your's will but the possibility exists.

Edited by CaptData

Wow!! It's amazing how some do not think the rules apply to them.

Thanks for the info, dont know what I'm going to do, maybe put out a thread nearer the time to see if there are any other 18year olds wanting a friend to hang out with? by the way my 17/18 yr old isnt interested in alcohol and wouldnt bring it into entourage !! he just wouldnt want to go in the adult areas as he is still a teenager and wants to be with kids his age.:(

Thanks for the info, dont know what I'm going to do, maybe put out a thread nearer the time to see if there are any other 18year olds wanting a friend to hang out with? by the way my 17/18 yr old isnt interested in alcohol and wouldnt bring it into entourage !! he just wouldnt want to go in the adult areas as he is still a teenager and wants to be with kids his age.:(

Kids his age are everywhere on the ship. He'll have no problem finding them. :) He'll find GOBS of them out on the pool deck "hanging out" after 10pm. Where he WON'T find kids his age is the teen club.

It is amazing how much things have changed. When I was a kid, a family vacation meant spending vacation time WITH my family.

It would have sucked to have gone somewhere with Mom & Dad only to have been shuttled off to Day Care (ie Kids Club) so my parents could enjoy themselves without us.

I'll bet that if NCL didn't force parents to take the kids to dinner that some would leave them in the kids club 24/7.

It is amazing how much things have changed. When I was a kid, a family vacation meant spending vacation time WITH my family.

It would have sucked to have gone somewhere with Mom & Dad only to have been shuttled off to Day Care (ie Kids Club) so my parents could enjoy themselves without us.

I'll bet that if NCL didn't force parents to take the kids to dinner that some would leave them in the kids club 24/7.

NCL hours have changed and kids club is open pretty much all day until 10:30pm and then after that there is a cost.

My husband and I did have 1 dinner without my son. He's 11 and we don't see any reason for one night (out of our 14 day b2b cruise) that we could have a dinner without him. We sat with him for his dinner in O'Sheehan's, 'cause that is where he wanted to eat and then he went to the kids club for 2 hours. He had a great time with friends and we had a nice dinner in LeBistro.

I am not talking about a kid !! my lad will be 18 his sister 15, they want to spend time together, but my son cant go in the teen club and my daughter cant go in the Adult areas - are there any discos etc they can go together ?

I am not talking about a kid !! my lad will be 18 his sister 15, they want to spend time together, but my son cant go in the teen club and my daughter cant go in the Adult areas - are there any discos etc they can go together ?

Splitting hairs is never productive....

"Kids" in this context refers to children traveling with their parents.

You've stated the simple solution...Your adult child cannot go into areas that are restricted to minor children only. Your minor child cannot go into areas that are restricted to adults only. So take either of the obvious solutions:

1) They spend time together in areas that are not age restrictive

or

2) They spend time together in the company of their parents (NCL allows access to areas to children WITH their parents than they do to children WITHOUT their parents present)

Enjoy your vacation time with your family!

They can stay together in the Bliss Lounge until 10pm. After that time it becomes "Adult" only. They can also go to "Howl at the Moon" until 10pm or 11pm and then it becomes "Adult" only. I believe. This may also be the same with Slam Allen. Spice H2O is always adult, but on embarkation day they allow everyone in to take a peek.

Your daughter will be welcome in almost all venues including Bliss. My 15 year old didn't feel restricted at all. She just can't drink in them. The only thing she really can't go to is the dancing at Spice H20 which is adults only. On our cruise not even adults went there at night.

Just came back with an 18YO and a 15YO. 15YO loved entourage. 18YO daughter did not find that many people between 18-21 to hang out with at the pool or wherever. She doesn't drink- but she also would not have been comfortable in Entourage.

The 18-21 YO 'mixer' was held Wednesday night - maybe they need to hold it Sunday night so people cna meet earlier in the week. Just a thought.

Just came back with an 18YO and a 15YO. 15YO loved entourage. 18YO daughter did not find that many people between 18-21 to hang out with at the pool or wherever. She doesn't drink- but she also would not have been comfortable in Entourage.

The 18-21 YO 'mixer' was held Wednesday night - maybe they need to hold it Sunday night so people cna meet earlier in the week. Just a thought.

Thanks, this is good to hear, my 18year old finds it hard to mix until people speak to him, at least a 'mixer' night might give him a push. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from cruising with 15 yo and 18 yo. Teen center is very strict about ages and is not even very friendly towards parents coming in, for security reasons. Also, we all know that teens just want to hang out together. There were times that we sent our 18 yo to get the 15 yo for dinner, etc, and the staff was not overly friendly. That was ok. I prefer that adults not be in the teen groups. There are lots of 18-20 yo's in the pool, and especially at the jacuzzi's, and they tend to form their own groups. In the daily newspaper, there are listing for meeting times for the 18-20 yo's throughout the cruise. Yes, we all had family time in port, at dinner, etc., but the teens (at least mine) enjoyed hanging out with other teens and meeting teens from not only all over the county, but from other countries.

On my 8/14 cruise, there was only a single 18-21 event at Bliss and my daughter and friend went and said it was awful -- that no one was there. There were no other mentions of this age group in the daillies....

My kids want to stay together on the ship but one will have just reached 18 (the month before we sail) the other 15. Is it possible for an 18yr old to use the entourage club with his sister? Do they ask for ID when they enrol ?. He is still at school and I wouldn’t want him to miss the Teen fun and have to hang around with his parents! Any Advise please.

Have you joined your roll call to see if there are any kids that age he could start talking to ahead of time?

On my 8/14 cruise, there was only a single 18-21 event at Bliss and my daughter and friend went and said it was awful -- that no one was there. There were no other mentions of this age group in the daillies....
We had an 18 year old with us last week when we went, she HATED the cruise because she couldn't take part int he teen events with her sister and there was nothing for her to do at 18. (She ended up being a 3rd wheel with us adults for most of the week, which was annoying at times...)

And yes she went to the 18 Year Olds party at Bliss but only stayed about 15 minutes because no one else was there.

NCL really needs to loosen up on the 18 - 21 year olds and let them in with the teens if they choose to go.