Excursion Tipping?

Flintstone

Alaskanguide

Not to worry...it's all in fun and MOST Texans take it as fun as well. We love going from the second largest state to visit the largest one. Then it's time to come back where the winters are usually mild. (of course, yesterday Stika was a couple of degrees warmer than it was here. Today I'm looking at 73 degrees. It helps the ego! :)

Regards,

Flyer

So my theory on the whole subject...When in Rome do as the Romans do! When you visit the US, remember, the people waiting tables or leading an excursion, don't make it on their salary, they do a good job hoping for a good tip!

I guess the operative thing here, is that waiters make beneath min wage in the US. When a tour operator charges big bucks for a tour, they are making much more money than the average waiter. I was a tipped employee for many years in foodservice - I actually resent being expected to tip for service when a person is just doing their job, no matter how well they do it. Imagine if teachers got tipped for all the extra services they provide! And refused to do their jobs well if they didn't.

Archived