First time on Seabourn. Can you help?

airlinesteward

Hi,

We are cruising on Seabourn on Aug 21 and this will be our first cruise with this company.

We have a few questions, can you help?

1/ What do we need to wear during the evening? Smart casual or semi formal?

2/ On our document it says no formal optional night during the week. Don't they do formal nights on Seabourn?

3/ Can we arrive and board before 2pm?

4/ A bit more than one week to go and still no room assigned. Is this normal for a guarantee?

5/ When can we book restaurant 2? When we arrived on the first day?

Thank you for your help

The first and last evening of your cruise will be casual, and the rest will be elegant casual which will require a jacket and maybe a tie if you want.

They do not have formal nights on a seven night cruise in the Med anymore.

I am not sure if you will be able to board early, but I should aim for around two, then you will be fine, but others will be able to help with this, also your question about the suite number. Have you looked on the Seabourn Website and gone to the already booked section, you might have a suite assigned on there?

You will be able to book for Resturant 2 when you board, and thereafter you have to give 24 hours notice, and if they are full you can always go on a waitlist. Some evenings are more popular than others.

I hope that you enjoy Seabourn and have a fantastic cruise you will be spoiled for sure.

I have just realised that you are on the Odyssey so my information about Resturant 2 is probably wrong, I was assuming (don't know why!!) that you were going on the smaller ships. As we never went to Resturant 2 when we were on the Odyssey I have no idea what the form is......sorry.

You can reserve for Restaurant 2 48 hours in advance by either going to a concierge in Seabourn Square or calling.

As stated previously no formal nights on seven day Med cruises for the time being.

If you want to board around 1PM or so it's fine. If your suite is not ready you'll be sent to a lounge where they'll serve drinks and snacks.

If you want to board around 1PM or so it's fine. If your suite is not ready you'll be sent to a lounge where they'll serve drinks and snacks.

Airlinesteward - In all likelyhood you will be directed to the Grand Salon on Deck6. It is ok but can get crowded. We always opt to go instead to Seabourn Square on Deck7 - just ask. Seabourn Square tends to be fairly quiet on embarkation day. And you can get snacks and champagne etc should you wish. It really is a splendid venue.

:)

dont worry we got ours just a week before..having said that..we booked 3 weeks before the cruise!---same profession!

we had the same itinerary..in july..it was one of our most enjoyable holidays ever..we l be back for more!!!

steph

Is it true we don't need to bring sun cream? Is it part of Seabourn service?

Do we need to wear a tie every evening?

1. Bring your own sun products.
  2. Casual Nights = no tie required
  3. Elegant Casual = jacket, but no tie required
  4. Black Tie Optional = If wearing a tuxedo I would vote for a tie

Is it true we don't need to bring sun cream? Is it part of Seabourn service?

Do we need to wear a tie every evening?[/quote

Just to amplify the WW's response: You do not ever need to wear a tie at night. The black tie option is exactly that--an option. The dress code is fully satisfied by a jacket (like a blazer) and a collared shirt. That's it.

Archived