Link to my Cruise Critic review of our 7/20 sailing on the CB

kimgoblue

Before we took our recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess, I eagerly read all the reviews from the wonderful folks here at Cruise Critic. Whether good or bad, your comments helped my DH and me make the most of our long-anticipated vacation -- thank you!

So, I'd like to return the favor. Here's a link to my Cruise Critic review of our sailing -- hope you find it helpful: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=70818

Great review! Thanks for very obviously taking the time to post a thorough and fair review. Glad you seemed to have had a lot of fun! Now I'm just dying to book the Chef's Table for our upcoming cruise on the CB in October. LOL, I have to say I thought it was funny that you realized how spoiled you were with previous Disney Cruises. I found the food on Princess to be enjoyable but I can't really think of anything that I would just die to have to eat again. I can't complain, I'm happy :) Thanks again!

I know, I'm getting attacked by two so-called "experts" for posting my experiences on the CB last week. I've sort of lost the desire to continue posting my review here, and perhaps I'll just submit it.

Before we took our recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess, I eagerly read all the reviews from the wonderful folks here at Cruise Critic. Whether good or bad, your comments helped my DH and me make the most of our long-anticipated vacation -- thank you!

So, I'd like to return the favor. Here's a link to my Cruise Critic review of our sailing -- hope you find it helpful: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=70818

Thanks so much for sharing this review! It was amazing how your experiences mirrored ours back in Nov09 when we took our first Princess Cruise on the Crown. My DH totally enjoyed the Sanctuary and is dying to do it again in Oct10 on the CB. We also enjoyed the Chef's Table and the other two 'pay' dining restaurants but we don't need to do those two again.

My question to you is regarding the Sanctuary....on the Crown we bought the week pass for both of us but found that we didn't use it alot when we went on-shore. Did you find it was very crowded where we couldn't buy a day/ half day pass or would you recommend we do the week again?

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to seeing the CB!

Thanks so much for sharing this review! It was amazing how your experiences mirrored ours back in Nov09 when we took our first Princess Cruise on the Crown. My DH totally enjoyed the Sanctuary and is dying to do it again in Oct10 on the CB. We also enjoyed the Chef's Table and the other two 'pay' dining restaurants but we don't need to do those two again.

My question to you is regarding the Sanctuary....on the Crown we bought the week pass for both of us but found that we didn't use it alot when we went on-shore. Did you find it was very crowded where we couldn't buy a day/ half day pass or would you recommend we do the week again?

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to seeing the CB!

The Sanctuary seemed quite full on sea days. I don't know how many of the people had reserved for the full cruise and how many were there for the half day. My understanding was that to reserve for a half day, you had to get there quite early in the morning, like 6 am, which is not my idea of vacation! For us, it was worth it to book for the full cruise just so we didn't have to think about it again -- we knew that our chairs would be available whenever we were, even if it was only for an hour or two.

I know, I'm getting attacked by two so-called "experts" for posting my experiences on the CB last week. I've sort of lost the desire to continue posting my review here, and perhaps I'll just submit it.

DonnaK, please pay no attention to these "experts" ! Reviews like the OP's (awesome by the way!) And yours are the reason I spend so much time on CC and use it as my main source of research.

I'm on the CB for the first time next month and truly appreciate honest, candid reviews written by people who can write a review without allowing negativity to invade their perspectives.

Whew! Anyways, awesome review OP, I really enjoyed your perspective. You're clearly someone who can weigh the positive with the negative and provide insight to future passengers.

Archived