Mahon also cancelled on my Itinery 31st August - 14th September

Hi Guys,

I have also found out today that the Mahon port of call has been changed to Barcelona due to not having a big enough tug.

I went into my local Holiday Hypermarket where I booked my cruise and raised my concerns about the state of the ship. The girl who we booked with was really shocked when I showed her some of the reviews from this forum, she felt really bad after recommending this ship to us. She phoned Thomsons head office and she was told that there are no issues with the ship and all problems have been rectified. ( i think this must be the standard answer)

I have come to the conclusion that Thomsons are getting the Med cruises out of the way and pretty much everyone that complains after the event will get some kind of holiday voucher (ensuring repeat business).

I have decided now I am going to enjoy my holiday come what may and if i encounter problems I will make my feelings known to Thomson.

Hi Guys,

I have also found out today that the Mahon port of call has been changed to Barcelona due to not having a big enough tug.

I went into my local Holiday Hypermarket where I booked my cruise and raised my concerns about the state of the ship. The girl who we booked with was really shocked when I showed her some of the reviews from this forum, she felt really bad after recommending this ship to us. She phoned Thomsons head office and she was told that there are no issues with the ship and all problems have been rectified. ( i think this must be the standard answer)

I have come to the conclusion that Thomsons are getting the Med cruises out of the way and pretty much everyone that complains after the event will get some kind of holiday voucher (ensuring repeat business).

I have decided now I am going to enjoy my holiday come what may and if i encounter problems I will make my feelings known to Thomson.

hiya hulemsey we are on the same cruise as you iv decided not to listen to any more moans we are just going to have a ball whatever hope you enjoy yours as well

Hi Begsy,

We have decided that aswell we are going to enjoy our holiday and judgeing by the latest 2 reviews there seems to be less problems with every cruise. I did email Thomsons with my concerns and got a quick response from them( See Below)

Thank you for your email regarding the Thomson Dream

We’re always really concerned to hear any reports from customers who are disappointed after travelling on one of our ships. We know Thomson Dream is getting some negative publicity at the moment and appreciate that this might cause concern if you're due to travel on the ship.

The ship entered service for us in April this year, and since then we’ve had some challenges to overcome with the plumbing and air conditioning systems onboard.

The vast majority of these issues have now been completely resolved. There are a handful of individual cabins which are not operating as normal, but these won’t be occupied by passengers until they are completely ready.

The latest Customer Satisfaction scores indicate that most people are having a great time on Thomson Dream.

Last month, 90% of customers said they had a good or excellent holiday on Thomson Dream. And the scores in the individual categories are even higher - 97% for food, 97% for service, 94% for entertainment and 90% for cabins.

Each week Thomson Dream carries around 1500 passengers, but only a small number of these will put a report on one of the different cruise review sites when they get home.

Whilst we always value the opinions and feedback of our customers, you also have to bear in mind such reports don’t always provide an accurate reflection of the holiday experiences of most customers.

We're also going 31st to 14th. Been reading the updates constantly, and at the good news is at least there's no new problems! Thought about cancelling it, but going to stick with. It's a bonus for us going to Barcelona twice as we really like it there. Hopefully the airport strikes won't go ahead and we'll get there ok.

Hi shipshape.com

We should be alright in relation to the strikes as we fly on the Tuesday and the talk is about bank holiday weekend strikes. I am flying from Manchester so will not affect me. Which airport are you flying from????

Hi Hulmesy, we're flying from Aberdeen, which is one of the airports that would be affected, hopefully if the strike does take place everything will be ok by the Tuesday. We're still waiting for the letter from Thomson's about the itinerary change, we were told there was a letter in the post by our travel agent, have you received one?

Letter now received stating "Mahon unable to provide powerful enough tugs to support the ship's manoeuvring".

Hopefully today will bring some good reports back from cruisers getting off. This is the very first holiday that I've ever been dreading.

Is there a world shortage of tugs, or is it just Thomson?:confused:

Jan

hiya hulmsey we are flying from manchester too hope we r not affected by strike! i read on another cruise site someone said you had to pay for ie smirnoff bells gordons a supplement it was only the cheaper brands on the A/I i asked my t/a about this she assured me this was not true but that was about a month ago have you or anyone else heard this? also the trip to tunisia ia cancelled aswell !

Hi Begsy,

The strikes will not affect us as we are flying from Manchester so no need to worry there :)

On my last cruise on the destiny last year I didnt get the A/I and have chosen not to do it this year as well, I am not a big drinker and our account was nowhere near what the A/I would have cost. From what I remember Smirnoff and Bells were included but probably best putting a post on to get exactly whats included.

Have you had a letter saying that Tunisia has been cancelled I havent as yet gonna give the travel agents a quick call to see whats going on.

hiya hulmsey we are flying from manchester too hope we r not affected by strike! i read on another cruise site someone said you had to pay for ie smirnoff bells gordons a supplement it was only the cheaper brands on the A/I i asked my t/a about this she assured me this was not true but that was about a month ago have you or anyone else heard this? also the trip to tunisia ia cancelled aswell !

Got the bar list here- just returned and it must have slipped into my case! Oops!

Smirnoff included in AI

Bells included in AI

Gordons included in AI

as per bar list from last 2 weeks

Hi Begsy,

Just spoke to my travel agents who have phoned thomsons and they have said Tunisia is still on and no plans to cancel it. ???????

hiya hulmsey just read 2 lastest reviews one awful one gr8!!!how do you get 2 soooooooooo different reviews on the same cruise it baffles me! they said on each of them tunis was cancelled 50£ refund als santa margherita because of badweather fair enough also one other which cant recall whch it was now if you read the reports you will see just remembered it was mahon so they wentto barcelona twice well prob just stay on board and sunbathe and chill c u ;)

Hi Begsy,

Yeah I read them reviews aswell, I have decided I am going to make my own mind up and I am determined to have a good holiday. To be honest I have stayed in some awful hotels on cheap holidays with my mates and still had a good time so it wont really bother me. I am more concerned about my Dad having a good holiday and he is a lot more picky when it comes to quality.

I have pretty much planned everything I want to do at each Port of call already and I am quite glad we are going Barcelona twice as there is loads I want to see there. I went there on my last cruise on the destiny and did the Nou Camp tour and a quick bite to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, last time we docked in Palamos so was a 2hr transfer to barcelona so we didnt really have much time to do anything.

I really hope we go to Tunisia as we will then get Duty Free prices on the Ship and I am really looking forward to going Rome again as last time we did a quick tour of all the places and this time I want to go inside the Collesum and have a explore.

Well its not long now, this time in 8 days ill be getting ready to go to the airport, This last week in work is going to really drag :(

Hopefully see you onboard :)

Hulmesy

Archived