Having trouble booking online Colosseum tickets for Sept. 26

newcruisermom

Hi,

I have been attempting to reserve online tickets for the Colosseum for September 26. Both recommended agencies (ticketclic.it and pierreci.it) have September 26th (and also 25th) blocked out on their availability calendars. Can anyone recommend another, reputable online site for booking Colosseum tix? We are in Rome only for the day, so I would prefer to have the vouchers ahead of time...paying the surcharge is worth it to me for this site.

Or--does anyone know the reason why those two days are the only unavailable days in September--through both agencies?

Thanks in advance!

Mary

I don't know the reason but I can confirm that it appears something is stopping online sites from selling tickets those two days. One site I went to even had little lines over the 25th and 26th so you could not select them on the calendar. I was not able to find any events jumping out at me when I did a google search.

Rather than book online you could do what we did. There is another ancient site about 500 feet up the street from the entrance to the Coliseum. Most people don't realize that you can purchase your ticket for the Coliseum right there. And, there is NO line. We walked right up and purchased our ticket. Then walked literally 5 minutes (maybe not that long) to the coliseum entrance and walked right by the LONG line waiting to purchase tickets and right into the venue. We used RIL for the day, so they were the ones who tipped us off to this technique. I was really surprised that others didn't know about it because it was so easy!! Really, we were the only ones there purchasing tickets!!

Does anyone know the name of the site where I purchased the tickets? I know there is a stop light right at the corner. You can't miss it ... it runs along the street as you walk down to the entrance.

Thanks to all of you for your help and time! We will try the Palatine ticket office when we get to Rome...good tip. (Since our cruise isn't until September 19, I will also check on the online websites a week or two before we leave--just in case something opens up.)

Regards,

Mary

Archived