Doc's / cabin assignment ???

dad son team

Hi gang,

I booked a cruise online yesterday (sailing 2/21/05) with ******value******(dot)com and I don't quite understand their process. This is my 1st time on Carnival, but in the past, I have always dealt direct with the cruise line's to make my reservation. When I called them to ask if I will receive documents in the mail, the girl told me it might be a pier pickup or I might receive doc's. How am I supposed to know if I should get doc's ahead of time if she doesn't? Any suggestions?

Also, I booked a guarantee cabin. If I go online to the carnival website, can I see what cabin I am assigned? I don't see anything yet. I filled out the funpass stuff already and it didn't tell me anything.

Hi. Since the sailing date is soon, pier pickup of your docs is not unusual, as Carnival might not have time to get them printed and mailed out. Your booking agent should let you know one way or the other.

About cabin assignment, you probably won't know at this late date which cabin until you reach the pier. The guy with the manifest where they take your luggage will give you your cabin number.

Hi gang,

I booked a cruise online yesterday (sailing 2/21/05) with ******value******(dot)com and I don't quite understand their process. This is my 1st time on Carnival, but in the past, I have always dealt direct with the cruise line's to make my reservation. When I called them to ask if I will receive documents in the mail, the girl told me it might be a pier pickup or I might receive doc's. How am I supposed to know if I should get doc's ahead of time if she doesn't? Any suggestions?

Also, I booked a guarantee cabin. If I go online to the carnival website, can I see what cabin I am assigned? I don't see anything yet. I filled out the funpass stuff already and it didn't tell me anything.

Since the cruise is in 10 days the docs might not arrive in time. As long as you have a booking # and the funpass complete you are good to go.

Thanks.

I have no problem with pier pickup as I have done it before(on RCI) with no problem. My concern is that the agency didn't know if I was getting doc's or not and I have this vision of getting to the ship and having them say "Sorry, your doc's were sent and you need them"

Thanks.

I have no problem with pier pickup as I have done it before(on RCI) with no problem. My concern is that the agency didn't know if I was getting doc's or not and I have this vision of getting to the ship and having them say "Sorry, your doc's were sent and you need them"

You dont need docs to board the ship. I have done it quite a few times. As long as you have your booking # and fun pass complete, they can handle all the rest at the terminal. You will have to fill out your S&S application, produce your travel documents. When you get to the pier just have the porter check for you cabin assignment from the manifest and he will give you the proper luggage tags.

I would imagine the agency would rather not give you a false promise of getting the doc with such short notice.

Hi gang,

If you book online with Carnival your reservation will automatically show up when you log into the web site. If you book over the phone...even if it's with carnival when you go to the website you actually have to log in and go to my reservation and enter your confirmation number for your cruise to show up on line. Even if you do the fun pass on line it wont automatically make your reservation show up...I did this myself and was stumped for a while...then I realized...aaahaaa...that I had to actually log in my reservation too....So now it tells me how many days until my next cruise and gives me options to upgrade on line etc...

Have a great cruise!!

Oh I did that. I know Carnival has my reservations because it is reminding me that I only have 10 days till I sail!

I just wished I knew one way or the other to look for doc's. The agency said to call the middle of next week and they will let me know if I am getting doc's or not.

I booked with a online website and will be part of a singles group... she advised that I had to book guarentee instead of assigned cabin. I was wondering if I can go on to Carnival and get a specific cabin assigned now? I just don't want to be stuck at the very front of the ship. I am also not that concerned with being upgraded. I am not in the cabin much so where I am (Riveria deck on Legend) is fine for me. Any suggestions on how to get a good location?

Thanks so much!

Denyce

Legend 5/29/05

Denyce, you probably won't know where your cabin in until you sail.

Some folks find out earlier by looking at the back of your docs when you receive them (on the Sail & Sign form, there is a long number at the bottom, and you might be able to find a cabin number there).....however, be aware that when booking a guarantee - it can STILL change prior to your boarding the ship. Guarantees are iffy.

BTW, being "stuck" at the front of the ship is not a bad thing. I've had cabins E1 on one cruise, and M6 on another - and these were cabins I chose. Worked out great for me! I honestly felt no more motion there than I have on mid-ship lower decks.:)

I booked with a online website and will be part of a singles group... she advised that I had to book guarentee instead of assigned cabin. I was wondering if I can go on to Carnival and get a specific cabin assigned now?

If you booked with an online site, Carnival considers them your TA, and will not interfere in any booking changes. You can call the online site, speak with a representative there, and see if they can pull an assigned cabin that you would be happy with into the group, but you'd probably pay more money pp..

Archived