NCL compared to Princess/Celebrity

gretnagirl

and again, I accept your opinion, but I am questioning some of your comments, mainly in regards to ratings: As I mentioned, and I am not going to list the ships by name, that would be redicuously, but all you have to do is bring up the reviews here on CC. RCI, PRincess and NCL match up evenly. In fact the other 2 lines have more ships with average 3 only ratings, but still I would consider the ships and reviews equal. There is no way you can put PRincess or Celebrity in the same catagory as Regent. My comments are being made by a professional I will add.

Of course each line has a market, but your preferances are based on opinion and not fact. Solstice is nothing compared to Seaborne either. I think you need to come down and live in the real world for awhile.

I will add just one more thing, do you have any idea how many people love the "crayon drawings" as you call them? By the way, your mom might be 60 going on 40, but the Epic is still geared to a different clientele.

Nita

Thanks for the response

I was not saying Celebrity is the Same as Seaborne, I was talking about marketing! and who each line or ship is geared towards. I work in Retail Store design and Brand Development, and NCL is not marketed towards the same customer as Celebrity or Princess just like Celebrity is not Marketed to the same possible client base as Cunard.

My mother has been on almost 90 cruises so she does know a little :) Conde Nast etc that people mention on here do not Categorize NCL in the Same League as Celebrity and I have never seen NCL on a top 100 list of any of NCL ships in the top 20 large cruise ship list. By Saying this does not mean I do not wish to sail or do not like NCL, it has great options, I am only stating what I have read since people seem to mention Conde Nast and other publications .

Enjoy whatever cruise you are on is what I say but try to ensure you find a line suited for you!

Thanks for the response

I was not saying Celebrity is the Same as Seaborne, I was talking about marketing! and who each line or ship is geared towards. I work in Retail Store design and Brand Development, and NCL is not marketed towards the same customer as Celebrity or Princess just like Celebrity is not Marketed to the same possible client base as Cunard.

My mother has been on almost 90 cruises so she does know a little :) Conde Nast etc that people mention on here do not Categorize NCL in the Same League as Celebrity and I have never seen NCL on a top 100 list of any of NCL ships in the top 20 large cruise ship list. By Saying this does not mean I do not wish to sail or do not like NCL, it has great options, I am only stating what I have read since people seem to mention Conde Nast and other publications .

Enjoy whatever cruise you are on is what I say but try to ensure you find a line suited for you!

At least 2 Conde Nast awards... http://www2.ncl.com/about/awards

Cruising Princess since 1998, NCL since Norway. But my love of NCL has changed with the way they handled my money when I booked with a delightful PCC, for the first time. She books a December 2009 cruise on Jewel & tells me she is using my $250 cruise deposit certificate. The next day she sells us Epic & tells us we have to pay $500 deposit so I did. I paid the $758 for Jewel in September & cruised in December with no paperwork sent to me, but NCL states they sent both to my email which I never got & I phoned my PCC once a week til February when I canceled Epic & never got my $500 back. NCL states used on Jewel which I should have never book for over $1000 for both of us total. Their W Carib is not as great as Princess. And how a PCC takes my money & uses it in reverse? And she was gone in February.

I asked on another thread where you posted the same story, what your cruise documents, that NCL sent you, said for each cruise. If they state what you claim, I have no doubt that NCL would correct the mistake, but since you don't answer, I suspect NCL is not at fault.

Al

• 10 months later...

We've sailed Princess 6 times with an Asian cruise coming up in March, Royal Caribbean 5 times, Celebrity 5 times, Disney once, and NCL twice with another cruise coming up in Nov. We've been on 20 ships, and our favorite was the NCL Jade. I see little difference between them and the other lines except that they "freestyle," which we like very much. We never waited in line more than a few min. I don't think any of the ships on these lines is starkly "formal" anymore, at least not what they were like in the 90's. I liked all these lines and the others we've cruised on.

Archived