Cabin Steward - what kinds of things do you request?

..are really hoping to get at least 1 one lounge chair, ideally 2. ... Should $50 do the trick or is that being cheap?

Honestly, I think it's too much but I'm sure your steward will appreciate it. We asked for and received one lounger for our hump balcony. He "signed it out" of the pool deck and carried it himself. We tipped him 10 bucks I think, and it was appreciated.

My wife has multiple sclerosis and occasionally has, well, bed wetting issues. So we always ask for a rubberized or plastic bottom sheet to protect the bedding. Also we often get an inside cabin, and usually ask for the beds to be apart. This gives us more room for her wheelchair, and also more room to get into and out of the beds. I also inform the steward that my wife will need assistance in case of an emergency, since she climbs stairs very slowly.

Also, when we take her son and his family, they get two connecting cabins. we usually have to ask the steward to open the connecting doors.

I always ask them to empty the refrigerator and ask for a couple of extra towels and an extra pillow.

That's is what we always ask,,like the frige empty so we can keep our bottles of water cool and juice..Extra pillows and extra towels also.:)

I usually don't make any special requests at all, but there was one time we asked our steward to see if he could get us some toothpaste. We realized once we were onboard that we only had one of those tiny little tubes of toothpaste to share among three of us (and it wasn't even full). Knew that wasn't going to last for a full week, so we were going to buy an overpriced tube at the general store onboard. Turns out they didn't have any. So, we asked out steward if they might have some in the crew's store, but he wasn't able to get us any, either.

So, that was my one special request of the cabin steward, and it didn't pan out. We had to find some toothpaste at the first port of call.

An ash tray for the balcony, but this was not requested on our last cruise in May this year because have been smoke for over 6 months now and have no intention of asking for one ever again.

That's it, never needed anything else as there is enough of everything else we need in the cabin.

Keep our collapsable cooler full of ice and drained of water.

(Ignore any bottles you may see in it:D)

New bathrobes.

Ashtray (windless) on the balcony.

That's about it and I'll usually pre-tip on the first day about $20 to insure all is well.

Aubie

We always ask for the eggcrate/foam mattress, feather pillows and extra towels.

And don't forget if you're diabetic, you can ask for the Sharps container for your needles.

I thought smoking on the balconies was off limits since the fire on a Princess ship a few years ago...

I thought smoking on the balconies was off limits since the fire on a Princess ship a few years ago...
Only off limits on Central Park and Boardwalk balconies on Oasis class of RCI ships, still possible on all other ships in the fleet with balconies. No longer allowed in the cabins.

Off limits on the balconies on Celebrity.

We always ask for the eggcrate/foam mattress, feather pillows and extra towels.

And don't forget if you're diabetic, you can ask for the Sharps container for your needles.

We ask for extra towels as well, extra lotions, linen changes during a 14 night cruise (at least 2x), extra ice bucket and minor things. We also tip for these extras which has nothing to do with regular suggested tipping.

Smoking is allowed on RCCI Balconies, NCL Balconies, Princess Balconies, HAL and maybe a couple of more ships. Definitely NO SMOKING on Celebrity Balconies. That's one reason we left and don't miss Celebrity that much at all.

We asked for our beds to be separated & pushed against opposite walls to give us more room.

I wish could ask for chocolates & towel animals! Gonna miss those extras!:(

I thought RC still did towel animals, just not every night anymore. In January we got 3 or 4 towel animals on a 7-night Serenade cruise.

I thought RC still did towel animals, just not every night anymore. In January we got 3 or 4 towel animals on a 7-night Serenade cruise.

They still do but not on the first night. We had them almost every night on our 7 night Radiance cruise in June and while we were on the Navigator earlier this year, CBS was taping a towel animal demo in the Schooner Bar to be broadcast on the CBS Sunday morning show. Not sure if it ever aired but if it did, someone may have seen it and can report.

Okay this made me laugh out loud...especially the musical number part...you should add in there that you MUST be able to make "requests" for certain musical numbers!:D

We only ask them for a few things:

- Refer to us as "your highness" when you enter our room

- Must perform at least one musical number while changing our bedding

- Never make eye contact when in a public place

- Towel animals must be animated and follow a story line, new story each night

Ok... ok.... seriously, we're pretty easy.

- 2 lounge chairs

- Ice refilled regularly

- Plenty of fresh towels

We take pretty good care of our steward!

Archived