Specialty restaurant reservations

reklawr

I made reservations about 75 days out and I know others on my cruise who did it before that. I think it is something like the shore excursions, sometimes you can book early, sometimes not. You just have to keep trying.

I was told that for our Dec 19 cruise, reservations, excursions etc would be available Aug 18 - so 4 months out. But I looked early this week anyway and got my restaurant reservations...booked one, then spoke to my wife about other nights and they were not available...then it was...then not... seems like they are just updating it all for the official time. Same with the shore excursions - some are posted but no prices.

Even though the system is a bit wacky, at least they are confirmed on my reservation so I know I have the nights I wanted.

I was unable to make reservations in July for a cruise in February. I called and was told "the inventory isn't available yet." Not sure what that meant-- they hadn't put in an order for the food yet:rolleyes::D? They know they're going to be sailing that week, and the Normandie will be there, along with the rest of the Summit, so why not start taking names? I suspect it's a computer thing.

I was told it should be available around August 1st. I tried on the 5th, six months to the day before the sail date, and was able to book.

I just booked reservations for mine Yesterday... I am more than 100 days out and it went through. Strangely I had to do it like 7 or 8 times before it worked. I wouldn't let me check the names of those in my party. Tried different times and it still wouldn't take... finally my original time worked.

On Tuesday, 8/10, I made reservations for my April 18, 2011 Millie cruise (WB Panama Canal, San Juan to San Diego). That's 251 days in advance.

I made the reservation on the "Specialty Dining" tab within the Reservations screen on the Celebrity web site. I booked my cruise on the X web site. I'm not sure if the process is different if you use a TA.

Note that if you make reservations the way I did, your credit card is charged for the reservations, $35 per person in the case of the Millie Olympic restaurant. The reservation is cancellable up to 4 days before the cruise for a credit card refund, or 24 hours on board, credited to your on board account.

Of course, I had no problems getting the times and dates I wanted this far in advance. :D

The Celebrity web site will allow me to buy a drink package but I can not make reservations at the specialty restaurant.

are you trying to use firefox if so that won't work you have to use Internet Explorer to book specialty restaurant. This happen to us and a CSR at Celebrity gave me that hint and it worked.

Pam

are you trying to use firefox if so that won't work you have to use Internet Explorer to book specialty restaurant. This happen to us and a CSR at Celebrity gave me that hint and it worked.

Pam

I had forgotten about that. I too had to use IE. Firefox would not work for restaurant reservations.

When you book the specialty restaurants do you have to pay for them at the same time? If so, are those costs refundable should you have to cancel the cruise prior to final payment?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you have to pay but, yes, the charges are refundable if you cancel for any reason.

Sue

Pam

Hi Pam, I am not using Firefox. I'm using Internet Explorer. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

There were no reservations available on the Solstice two months ahead of our cruise. But they apparently don't allow every table to be booked exclusively online. When you get onboard go straight to the restaurant and they should be able to reserve something for you, although it might be pretty late.

Archived