NCL DAWN - Main Pools

UandMe4Ever

Hi all NCL Dawn Cruisers~

When we were on the Jewel, Nov. 09 for a 14 Night Repo (NY/FL), one thing I was very disappointed in was the fact that, even though they claimed for pool at the lowest points were 4' 8", I could not go in! My DH is 6' tall, and the water came up to near his neck! I'm 5'2", so there was no way I could stand in the pool to cool off. I do not swim, but enjoy cooling off in the pool.:eek:

My question: Are the pools on the Dawn similar? We'll be sailing 8/29/10 to Bermuda and I'm sure it will be quite hot and would enjoy some time in the pool on Board. Is there a possibility I can 'stand' in the Dawn's pool? Maybe it was something wiered that trip, but lots of other folks said they couldn't go in either, as the water would have been over their head:mad:

That was about my only complaint of the Jewel! We loved everything else:)

Any information is greatly appreciated and if there is any advice, please feel free to share!

Can't wait to be back in Bermuda:)

Safe sails always:D

The main pool on the Dawn might be too high for you. I am only 5'1" and couldn't stand the times I went in there. The depth does change as the ship moves and the water level. However, there is a smaller pool that is about 4' on the main deck. The ladder is not the easiest to climb, but the pool is a good depth. You could also go to the kids pool area, there is a shallow option there too (maybe 3 feet).

The main pool on the Dawn might be too high for you. I am only 5'1" and couldn't stand the times I went in there. The depth does change as the ship moves and the water level. However, there is a smaller pool that is about 4' on the main deck. The ladder is not the easiest to climb, but the pool is a good depth. You could also go to the kids pool area, there is a shallow option there too (maybe 3 feet).

Thanks for the info! I'll check out the other options for the Pools.

The pool in the dawn has a shallower end and a deeper end... However, if it is rocky, that may shift from front to back from time to time...

Maybe I'll just go in the shallow side, if I can, when we are docked! Less movement of the ship! Last time on Jewel, I never made it in! I had a fabulous time in spite of this..no biggie! I sat at the edge and 'dunked' my little swollen feet. LOL

Thanks!

I walked down the stairs near the hot tubs on the Dawn and could not reach bottom to walk in what was supposed to be the shallow end. i am 5'5" and struggled to cross to the other side without holding on.

I walked down the stairs near the hot tubs on the Dawn and could not reach bottom to walk in what was supposed to be the shallow end. i am 5'5" and struggled to cross to the other side without holding on.

Thanks for the info! I'm not going to try, unless DH checks it out first!

Archived