Spa Manager arrested....

bleuiz

Kaloyanov worked for Steiner on ships including those of Disney, Fusfield says.

He adds the company did do a background check. "We have a very clean background check on him," Fusfield says.

Apparently, not clean enough! Yikes! We were on the Splendor too, and spent quite a bit of time using the spa facilities. :eek:

I wish the parents who refuse to supervise their young children while on board would take notice of these type stories in the media. You never know who is on that huge ship with you.

Just because you are on vacation doesn't mean the sexual offenders are, too!

I wish the parents who refuse to supervise their young children while on board would take notice of these type stories in the media. You never know who is on that huge ship with you.

I agree - when I read postings by parents saying they want their children to have some freedom, afterall, it is their vacation too I cringe a little. Ships are mini cities with the same crimes, problems, people etc. You don't want to coddle them and not let them out of your sight but make sure they understand that the rules that are at home apply on the ship. There is only so much you can do as a parent.

Well for what it's worth, this is all from before he ever worked on a cruise ship.

On this one I unfortunately have some real knoweledge...no real cure if abuser like that...bad stuff happened in the spa..highly, highly likely.

And "for what it's worth" was a good way "to put it". IMHO..about nothing.

Hiring people have to screen better because children's programs and spas etc. can be magnets.

I unfortunately had to cancel my Splendor cruise this fall..but this news makes that pill a little easier to swallow..there could easily be other issues in that spa to shake down..just the way it goes..sjn.

Amen and in the same percentages, ratios and varieties as everywhere else.

Archived