Millenium Boat Condition???

Splint

Just wondering about the condition of the Millenium. I have read that it underwent $10 Million recently in renovations but also see that it is scheduled to go into dry dock in 2011 for a complete makeover??? I am a bit confused on why they would spend $10 Million recently if they are doing a complete revamp just a year or so later. Does anyone have any information on this?

Also, how are the Sky Suites on Millenium? Some pictures I have seen on here make them look pretty out dated... Most pictures I find though are from 2007 and 2008. Does anyone have any recent pictures of the interior of the sky suites? If not, a good description of how they currently look. We will be in one for our Honeymoon for our first ever cruise. I heard rooms 6131 or 6132 are the best sky suites... so that is what we booked.

Finally.... are there any services provided to those in suites that we should know about that aren't listed directly??? Do they give you access to anything that other rooms may not give you access to such as private areas or functions? Completely new to cruising and trying to learn as much as possible before we cruise in a few months.

Thanks!

We thought it was in pretty good shape last May when we went to Alaska. We had SS6145 and thought it was wonderful. It is one of the largest Sky Suites as it is sometimes used as an extra bedroom for the Penthouse Suite so there is a connecting door. While this suite did not have a walkin closet the room itself was much better laid out and the bathroom had a seperate tub and corner glass shower. If you can get either 6145 or 6146 it is the best. I believe 6131 and 6132 are the next largest but not sure of exactly how it is laid out.

Thank you, We took 6132 because of other reviews stating that the 6131/6132 were the best of the sky suites with the largest balcony and a little extra sq footage inside as well. I just signed up for our connections party. Hopefully that will be nice as well... sounds like fun

You will not be disappointed. You have made an excellent choice in picking Celebrity for your first cruise - you will be spoiled and nothing else in the mainstream cruiselines will ever compare IMHO. The Millie has always been a great ship. I have sailed her multiple times - the last right before she got her refurbishment. I have to say that even then, she was a tad worn but in no way a disappointment. Now that she has had a refurb I'm sure she is even nicer. The bigger, newer ships are wonderful as well, but I confess that the Millenium class remain my favorite in many ways.

Archived