Cabo and Puerto Vallarta excursions for a young, active couple?

aspath

We'll be visiting Cabo and Puerto Vallarta at the end of March and are looking for some nice excursion recommendations.

We're a young-ish couple, not into shopping or riding in an air-conditioned bus. We prefer visiting beautiful, interesting spots, snorkelling, doing something active, or spending our day on a quiet beach. We're quite willing to venture out by ourselves as long as we have good directions and information, but we'll also do a tour with a _small_ group as long as it's not just a party on wheels.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

I'll be returning from my cruise to those ports around March 6. I have booked a mountain bike tour in PV for the morning and a van tour for the afternoon which includes a tequilla tour and tasting. In Cabo, I've booked an ATV tour. If you're interested, I could let you know how they were upon my return.

Just a few more days!!

• 1 month later...
I'll be returning from my cruise to those ports around March 6. I have booked a mountain bike tour in PV for the morning and a van tour for the afternoon which includes a tequilla tour and tasting. In Cabo, I've booked an ATV tour. If you're interested, I could let you know how they were upon my return.

Just a few more days!!

How was the ATV tour and who did you use?

Thanks

A young active couple... I highly suggest Los Veranos Canopy Tour. We did this last june and had a wonderful time. You can read about it in our review in the link below.

Jellyfish.... you just never know. We didn't go in the water in PV. In Mazatlan, after our ride with Randi, Chris checked the water before we went in the water. In Cabo, we had no warning for our snorkel exursion - but I did get a tiny sting on my hand out by "poop rock".....

We did a morning mountain biking excursion on Princess. We were bussed for about 25 minutes to a hacienda in a rural area where we then went biking on cobblestone and rural roads through the country side. The bikes were of good quality including shock absorbers. It was a good workout (we biked for about 1.5 hours at a leisurely (fairly leisurely) pace and we ended up back at the hacienda where they also did a little tequila show, with samples and an opportunity to buy. The best part was there were only 10 of us (imagine that out of a ship of 2800) so no lines, crowds, no sense of being herded, etc. Everyone was in good shape and ranged in age from mid 30's to mid 50's. Everyone was obviously very active and physically fit. It was a very pleasant way to spend the time in PV.

Archived