Internet access?

Cruiser5555

I read somewhere that the PG has wifi. Is this true? What is the Internet access like on board?

Thanks!

I know you'll get plenty of responses from others. Our cabin in forward 7 was wifi enabled. I don't believe all cabins are listed as such. Internet was very slow as expected.

I saw more than a few people using their laptops across from the gym. Seems to be a better connection there.

There are a couple of computers passengers can use in a small room. I can't comment on that experience.

Hi Cruiser5555

There is wifi access in cabins on deck 8 and forward cabins on deck 7.

We were in an aft cabin on deck 7 underneath La Palette. The wifi signal there did not reach our cabin or balcony.

We did not have the same "slow" experience as AnglerGirl but there were few passengers on our sailing so less people using the bandwidth - the internet was the best we have had on a cruise ship and quite speedy. We were able to use skype and even gave my Mum a "virtual tour" of the pool area. The best outdoor areas were the pool bar (hic) and La Veranda (inside and out). The little internet room has several computers & a printer and also stations where you can hook up your own laptop. I only went there the day before disembarkation to print out our boarding passes. Unfortunately there was a hardware problem that day and all systems were down.

All in all though it was a good experience. We chose the larger "package" and were glad we did.

Hope this helps

Brian & Tony

The best outdoor areas were the pool bar (hic) and La Veranda (inside and out).

Hi Brian and Tony,

Were there plugs in those areas? I am working with a laptop that no longer holds a charge, so I need to find locations where I can plug in. Pool bar sounds like so much more pleasant than a little internet room somewhere.

We are also in aft cabin on deck 7. By any chance were you in one of the 'newer' aft cabins, that actually face astern? That's what we ended up going with, for better or worse...

Thanks for your review also, I've been following and enjoying, and now my cruise is almost here!

Bev

Hi Brian and Tony,

Were there plugs in those areas? I am working with a laptop that no longer holds a charge, so I need to find locations where I can plug in. Pool bar sounds like so much more pleasant than a little internet room somewhere.

We are also in aft cabin on deck 7. By any chance were you in one of the 'newer' aft cabins, that actually face astern? That's what we ended up going with, for better or worse...

Bev

Hi Bev

I didn't have a battery problem for my laptop (though I've been there - the price of a battery being nearly the price of a netbook, I opted for an Asus) so I wasn't looking for outlets. There will certainly be some outlets inside La Veranda and it is a quiet place to work and have a coffee or something else :). Outlets at the pool bar would probably require an extension cord.

We really loved our "newer" aft cabin...... you're going to have a wonderful cruise...... I won't say "you'll not look back" because you will, and love it !

Brian & Tony

P.S. Thanks for your kind words about the review. I'm going to try and finish up over the weekend.

Archived