Oasis and Allure Sailing Together

So, with the overlap of Allure arriving prior to her initial sailings, Does anyone think that they'll have Oasis and Allure out on the seas together doing some commercials and stuff. It will be a great sight to see those two ships docked and at sea together.

Any thoughts on what others would like to see with these two biggest cruise ships?

Scott

Here is the list of Inagurals for th Allure..There may be a change on the 28 th sailing

Here is the dates for the inagurals that I see in the system..

14 Nov 2010 C 5 RCI Allure Of The Seas FLL view 0 N/A ..Sales meetings for RCCL

19 Nov 2010 Caribbean C 2 RCI Allure Of The Seas FLL view 0 N/A

21 Nov 2010 Caribbean C 2 RCI Allure Of The Seas FLL view 0 N/A

23 Nov 2010 Caribbean C 3 RCI Allure Of The Seas FLL view 0 N/A

26 Nov 2010 Caribbean C 2 RCI Allure Of The Seas FLL view 0 N/A

28 Nov 2010 Caribbean C 2 RCI Allure Of The Seas FLL view 0 N/A

30 Nov 2010 Caribbean C 1 RCI Allure Of The Seas FLL view

The 30 maybe be switched with the 28th ..That is pending

Oasis will be in FLL on the 21st and 28th. So, with those short Allure trips looks like there are some good opportunities to catch them both at sea together.

Not clear if FLL can take both Oasis and Allure in port at the same time. Anyone heard as your schedule has them both in on the 21st?

The new terminal was built specifically for Oasis-class ships and can handle only one at a time. They are definitely keeping one ship on Saturdays and one on Sundays because of this. (I believe that was told to us by the Oasis captain at the Platinum/Diamond/Diamond+ event.)

The Allure's pre-inaugural schedule is designed so that she will be on two night sailings from the Friday to Sunday in order to avoid the Oasis (November Oasis sailings: 11/6, 11/13, 11/20, 11/27). RCCL has said that they do not want to dock them anywhere but there terminal in Port Everglades (to avoid fees and other issues) but there is a chance of them passing at sea as once departs and the other arrives. Especially since the Allure has no purpose on her pre-inaugural sailings and usually just does circles. That means they can plan to place her anywhere they want as the Oasis passes by.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Royal Caribbean arranged for both ships to pass each other close enough to get

some great pictures. I can imagine a contest on deck to out cheer the other ship's passengers hosted by the

Cruise Directors on Oasis and Allure. It is always a thrill to pass another cruise ship but it rarely has happened

for me. Once in Alaska we passed another Princess ship and the flashes from their cameras and cheers were

fantastic.

If I had the power I'd make it happen and surprise everyone by telling them to be on deck at a certain time

for a very special event. Then BAM...the whole passing would materialize. Would be unforgettable!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Royal Caribbean arranged for both ships to pass each other close enough to get

some great pictures. I can imagine a contest on deck to out cheer the other ship's passengers hosted by the

Cruise Directors on Oasis and Allure. It is always a thrill to pass another cruise ship but it rarely has happened

for me. Once in Alaska we passed another Princess ship and the flashes from their cameras and cheers were

fantastic.

If I had the power I'd make it happen and surprise everyone by telling them to be on deck at a certain time

for a very special event. Then BAM...the whole passing would materialize. Would be unforgettable!

On our January 2nd Oasis sailing RCCL had the Oasis pass close to the Navigator as she sped by. There are some pictures in this album: http://picasaweb.google.com/dmpicone/January32010Day2AtSea#

DSC00134.JPG

Oasis will be in FLL on the 21st and 28th. So, with those short Allure trips looks like there are some good opportunities to catch them both at sea together.

Not clear if FLL can take both Oasis and Allure in port at the same time. Anyone heard as your schedule has them both in on the 21st?

Check the schedules again. Oasis sails on Saturdays so she will be in FLL on November 20th and 27th, when the Allure will be out at sea, and not Nov. 21st and 28th.:)

Archived