7 hour Behind The Scenes tour.

triphopcooper

I have heard that NCL offers 2 different behind the scenes tours and 1 of them is a total of 7 hours long. I would assume it is probably done on the first sea day since it is so long. Has anyone done this tour yet on the Epic? I am curious if it's worth the time and money.

The behind the scenes tours on the other NCL ships are nowhere near 7 hours...they're around 2-3 hours as I recall, and although what you see can vary slightly by ship, I can't imagine a 7 hour tour, even on the Epic. On the ships I've been on, the tour usually takes place late in the cruise, not early, but the exact day varies by itinerary.

A two-hour basic tour will set you back $55 per person, splash out $150 per person and you get a seven-hour extravaganza that includes sushi-making and sake-tasting, a group photo taken on the bridge, one cup of speciality coffee, pre-dinner cocktails and dinner with a glass of wine (just the one again, I presume) in Cagney's Steakhouse.

A two-hour basic tour will set you back $55 per person, splash out $150 per person and you get a seven-hour extravaganza that includes sushi-making and sake-tasting, a group photo taken on the bridge, one cup of speciality coffee, pre-dinner cocktails and dinner with a glass of wine (just the one again, I presume) in Cagney's Steakhouse.

OK...that's more than what is usually called a behind the scenes tour...the actual behind the scenes tour is still the 2 hour $55 item it is on the other ships. Cocktails and dinner is hardly a behind the scenes item, and things like sake tastings and sushi making, wine tastings, etc. are often offered on board as separate items.

I was under the impression that behind the scenes tours do not exist on the Epic. I met the captain on the meet & greet and even asked him about it and he told me that for security reasons they do not allow them.

They announced such a tour on my recent cruise, although I did not participate.

I'm getting mixed messages regarding a Behind The Scenes tour. Can anyone confirm or deny that there is such a thing on the Epic? I could understand that certain areas would be off-limits but I do not believe for a minute that they would not be offered. Just think of the potential loss of revenue that would result in not having some kind of tour like this.

I did a short "Behind the Scenes" tour offered to Platinum Latitudes. As far as I know, they are not selling any tours on Epic and I don't know if they plan to.

We were greeted by Asst. HD Ehab in the atrium, met Exec. Chef Anil to briefly see Cagney's and Moderno (went into Moderno's galley) taken to the theater to meet Production Company head (but no backstage allowed due to Blue Man) and then to the bridge viewing area to meet the first navigational officer. Not allowed on bridge itself.

Whole thing lasted under an hour. Completely different from the longer $55 tour offered on other NCL ships with laundry, environmental officer, crew passageways, etc.

Just got off the Epic & went of behind the scenes tour offered to Ladittudes members. Was told that it is also available to the public for $55. It was a 2 hour tour that included talks from the entertainment/technical director, head chef, laundry, and other areas. Was very interesting and I really enjoyed it. It gave a new respect for the employees and how they are able to do what they do on such a large scale.

Just got off the Epic & went of behind the scenes tour offered to Ladittudes members. Was told that it is also available to the public for $55. It was a 2 hour tour that included talks from the entertainment/technical director, head chef, laundry, and other areas. Was very interesting and I really enjoyed it. It gave a new respect for the employees and how they are able to do what they do on such a large scale.

Was there any mention of a 7 hour long tour? I would consider this during a sea day.

Archived