Good availability of sun beds!!!

Having just returned from a 2 week cruise on the Thomson Spirit I just wanted to comment on a miracle that seems to have taken place - in general people didn't reserve sun beds and guess what!!! there was always a sun bed to be found! I can't believe it! Hope this trend continues.

Having just returned from a 2 week cruise on the Thomson Spirit I just wanted to comment on a miracle that seems to have taken place - in general people didn't reserve sun beds and guess what!!! there was always a sun bed to be found! I can't believe it! Hope this trend continues.

Anything to do with Simon Calder being on board? Just wondered.;)

Jan

Wish the same could be said for Dream - what a nightmare trying to get a sunbed! Even more annoying seeing some empty all day, and then suddenly occupied once the ships tours returned :mad:

Not a problem on Dream back in July. There were 6 sunbeds in a row next to us, all with towels on. After about 30 minutes a group of 4 came looking for sunbeds so I suggested they remove the towels and put them on the nearby locker. This they did and settled down, after a further 45 minutes the original occupants returned and were open mouthed at the beds being occupied. They said nothing, collected their towels and left, what could they say as the answer would be 'you can't reserve sunbeds'. :D

When we were on the Celebation in May, a woman complained to me about saving a sunbed for my husband. It was 4pm, and he had just gone to the loo!! Wew had been there all day.

Sue

Toilet breaks etc are perfectly acceptable as long as at least one person stays behind to explain the empty bed. Going to lunch is NOT acceptable, one person should go and bring a plate of food back.

We didn't get on the sunbeds once in the whole week on Celebration. On the departure day we strolled around the promenade deck before leaving and perched briefly at the bottom of 2 free sunbeds on the shady side. Straight away a lady jumped up and said "There's someone using those beds". Well they must have been invisible then! She was very close to getting the backlash. Even on a previous cruise when we stayed on board one day and got sunbeds for the first and only time on 2 cruises we gave them up when we went to lunch. For one, it was long enough and two, it gave an opportunity for others to use them while we had lunch and then did other activities. Half a day is definitely long enough for us but chance would be a fine thing. :):)

Jan

Archived