Personal Computer Internet Access

goyanks

Hi,

We are going to be on the Eastern Caribbean cruise later this month.

Has anyone been able to get internet access while at sea or in port from a personal computer using either a cell phone or wireless card.

Thanks,

Goyanks

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get internet access while at sea or in port from a personal computer using either a cell phone or wireless card.

Thanks,

Goyanks

Considering each ship is equiped with it's own cell tower, I would surmise that anyone who has tried this has been able to establish a connection.

However, considering the high cost involved, it escapes me as to why someone would want to....:confused:

Hi,

Thanks,

Goyanks

I bought their 200 minutes package and checked my email and stuff every night from my laptop. On my iPhone; however, I turned it on to airplane mode so that there was no data or phone. At an AT&T charge of $2.49/min, it was not worth it. You'll see on your phone as you head out of Miami harbor where it changes from 3G (or whatever your network is) to cellular at sea. That was the moment I switched off phone and data.

On their internet package for my laptop - the service was pretty good. A little slower than normal, but not horrible by any means. I would definitely buy the internet package again ... and you can use your laptop anywhere on the ship.

I also did the 200 minutes package. A couple of decks had limited/no service for parts of Tuesday and Wednesday (10th and 11th). I was one of those affected. It was a problem with the provider. As a side note, in talking with the manager, about 10% of the rooms signed up for internet service during the week.

I also did the 200 minutes package. A couple of decks had limited/no service for parts of Tuesday and Wednesday (10th and 11th). I was one of those affected. It was a problem with the provider. As a side note, in talking with the manager, about 10% of the rooms signed up for internet service during the week.

.....what were the costs of the Internet plans?

:confused:

wasiii

Thanks Orangegrove. Your posts are always helpful. I'm thinking about buying the 250 min package. I'm on a back to back cruise with only one reservation number (therefore only one latitudes cruise credit) so I'm hoping the internet package will carry over to the 2nd week seeing as I'm on just one cruise according to NCL.

Archived