Room service breakfast...hot items or not?

If you are in a regular cabin, what is available from room service for breakfast? Is it continental only (cereal, baked goods, etc.), or do they have any hot breakfast items available? This may seem like a silly question, but we haven't cruised in a few years and I know things change. We will be cruising next July on Explorer of the Seas. Thanks!

If you are in a regular cabin, what is available from room service for breakfast? Is it continental only (cereal, baked goods, etc.), or do they have any hot breakfast items available? This may seem like a silly question, but we haven't cruised in a few years and I know things change. We will be cruising next July on Explorer of the Seas. Thanks!

Can't tell you the full menu, I think it is on here somewhere if you do a search you may find it, but we have gotten eggs, bacon and sausage in the past from room service. So yes they do have more than a continental breakfast available.

We usually order breakfast room service on port days,that way when one is in the shower the other 2 can be eating. really speeds things up. They have a nice selection on the menu. We order eggs, potatoes, bacon and the fruit plate, coffee and juice. It arrives hot and usually on time :rolleyes:. Happy Cruising

Hot and Cold items on menu

I recommend calling or ordering from the TV. My last sailing, I hung the menu outside the door, but it never made it to the kitchen. After about 30 minutes from my request time, I called to check and was told they never received it. I was also told that kids like to grab them off doors. They took my order and delivered within 15-20 minutes.

Anyone can order the hot items or anything else available on the room service menu. Years ago you could order "off" the menu. (DH likes oatmeal - they won't bring it anymore) but anything on the menu to any cabin. Very convenient, and a good wake-up call if you order ahead and you need to wake up to get to an excursion or something.

Anyone can order the hot items or anything else available on the room service menu. Years ago you could order "off" the menu. (DH likes oatmeal - they won't bring it anymore) but anything on the menu to any cabin. Very convenient, and a good wake-up call if you order ahead and you need to wake up to get to an excursion or something.

you can certainly order a full breakfast we have done this on more than one occasion:)

Thank you! Dh and my boys will be VERY happy to have bacon in the cabin first thing in the morning!

I recommend calling or ordering from the TV. My last sailing, I hung the menu outside the door, but it never made it to the kitchen. After about 30 minutes from my request time, I called to check and was told they never received it. I was also told that kids like to grab them off doors. They took my order and delivered within 15-20 minutes.

Should have asked them to reply the tape for your hallway and caught the menu steeling culpert!

Good suggestion on ordering it on tv. We had the same thing happen several times on our cruises. Love the hot breakfasts!

Archived