Guarantee cabins and when do you find out

moogiechompy

We've got a guarantee on our 4th Sep sailing on Celebrity Eclipse, which sails three weeks today. I've called our TA to see if they know the cabin number yet and they advised us that we could be told anytime, right up to when we check in!! That slightly concerned me as we have to drop the luggage off before check-in at Southampton and they/we wont know where its going, the TA said that if we don't know until the day, one of us will have to check in and the other stay with the luggage until we know :confused:

This is a new situation for us, never having had a guarantee and wanted to know if anyone else had the experience of finding out at check in, or if you are usually told beforehand, and if so, how much longer do we have to wait :p I think the sailing has about 3 cabins left, so surely they have allocated them by now?

Thank you

(very impatient)

Claire

Our cabin assignment seemed to "lock in" right around the time of final-payment. That was when X's web site showed an actual cabin number for us.

Now, that said, I'm told that our cabin could, theoretically, change as the date approaches, but that it doesn't happen that often....

Thanks for the replies, we booked over three months ago :)

I'm not that bothered by finding out late but don't want to find out at check-in, I'm paranoid about luggage going missing anyway without having to put it through without a cabin number - if they let you do that?

I just wanted to see if it was often the case to find out at check-in and if it worked out ok with the luggage!

To ease your mind, while this may be new to you, it's certainly not new to them...they do this every day. While you'll most likely get your assignment prior to pier arrival, if you don't, they will have a manifest and luggage tags outside the terminal to take care of all of this. Happened to us long ago on Holland America. We no longer book guarantees', but they typically work well for travelers that want a cabin in a sold our category or those with budget considerations.

Good luck...don't stress...you'll know soon enough.

Archived