CELEBRATION Easter Week

Travelmom64

Would love any current feedback on this ship, sailing from JAX, 5-day to Key West & Nassau. I know the ship is old, but would appreciate any tips regarding ports of call, dining, entertainment, etc.. The few reports I have read have not been favorable. Traveling with children, 13g, 10b, 8g, 8g.

Have not sailed Carnival since, Imagination 2000 to Key West/Cozumel

Thanks,

L in VA

Email to Postcard64@aol.com

:)

Would love any current feedback on this ship, sailing from JAX, 5-day to Key West & Nassau. I know the ship is old, but would appreciate any tips regarding ports of call, dining, entertainment, etc.. The few reports I have read have not been favorable. Traveling with children, 13g, 10b, 8g, 8g.

Have not sailed Carnival since, Imagination 2000 to Key West/Cozumel

Thanks,

L in VA

Email to Postcard64@aol.com

:)

I moved a couple of Celebration thread up for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=123732

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=124511

I posted a Carnival review for 1/15 on the ship and I know it was too favorable. Our biggest problem was the lack of good food, hot food, tasty food on the lido deck. Also the feeling of overcrowding. Guess our biggest unexpected thrill was the captain trying to dock in Nassau in a terrible wind without use of tugboats and seeing the wind drift us backward toward the ship next pier as the captain tried to back out of this danger. If you can adapt to an older, one of the smallest ships in the fleet and expect less than Carnival normally gives, you won't be disapoointed. Besides it sure beats being at work.

Jim

If you like tourist T shirts you might try Pranha Joes in Nassau and the Hogsbreath bar in Key west... both are listed on the ships map for shopping. Also the Butterfly store not too far from where the trolley's run.

Jim

Archived