Help-Cape Liberty or Philadelphia

voyagerII

HockyDad,

Do you know of any hotels that offer a Park and Cruise Package out of Philiadelphia? We will be on the Horizon September 10 cruise out of Philadelphia.

Thank you

Living near Philly I drive near the port very often and fine the parlking ample and I KNOW the traffic is better around Philly vs. NYC. Knowing both places, i would leave out of Philly.

Live 15 to 20 min. from Bayonne and my son went to Indiana University in Bloomington.Made the driving trip many times.Going to Bayonne is a better choice.Take 70 easr to P.A Turnpike (New Stanton to Carlisle exit) Take 81 North to 78 east .Stay on 78 east until you reach NJ turnpike Get ticket(this is #14 and take TPK 1 exit to 14A Bayonne and follow signs to cruiseport(10 minutes).If you take Route 80,take 80 to NJ tpk south and get off at 14 A.See other directions above.If you are coming out of Southern Indiana,Go through Louisville to Cincinati to Columbus and foolow the first directions that I posted.

Live 15 to 20 min. from Bayonne and my son went to Indiana University in Bloomington.Made the driving trip many times.Going to Bayonne is a better choice.Take 70 easr to P.A Turnpike (New Stanton to Carlisle exit) Take 81 North to 78 east .Stay on 78 east until you reach NJ turnpike Get ticket(this is #14 and take TPK 1 exit to 14A Bayonne and follow signs to cruiseport(10 minutes).If you take Route 80,take 80 to NJ tpk south and get off at 14 A.See other directions above.If you are coming out of Southern Indiana,Go through Louisville to Cincinati to Columbus and foolow the first directions that I posted.

thmsmcdnld,

Can you tell us how long it will take to get from Newark to Cape Liberty. We'll be flying into Newark on 22 Sept at 1230 (middle of the week)? Also do you of any good limo services?

Thanks in advance - Dave and Elaine

thmsmcdnld,

Can you tell us how long it will take to get from Newark to Cape Liberty. We'll be flying into Newark on 22 Sept at 1230 (middle of the week)? Also do you of any good limo services?

No more than 15 minutes from airport to seaport...under 5 miles

No need at all for a limo----just grab a cab-much cheaper for such a short trip.

Hi, We live outside of Philly and took the Horizon and had a great time but when you leave from Philly you have less time in Bermuda then you would leaving from the NY area. I think it takes about eight hours just to get to the Ocean.But with either cruise you will still have a great time.:D

The Ramada Inn - Essington offers a stay and park offer in Philly. You can also use this paid lot (Park and Jet) without staying at the hotel. We have used both and have had no problems. About 3 miles from the Airport. Shuttle service back and forth.

I live in Central Jersey and I say it is easier to sail out of Bayonne. You can find out info at http://www.*****.com/bayonne/ If you are flying into Newark the port is about maybe 15 mins. Leave the terminal and get on the line for the cabs. Parking is very secure, there is a guard at the gate and if you don't belong there you will not get in. If you are driving CapeLiberty is about 5 mins off the turnpike. Pat

thmsmcdnld,

About 15 minutes.Dropped my daughter off at Newark airport yesterday and went through Bayonne to Staten Island.The time from terminal B to the entrance to Cruiseport was 15 minutes.

With the security guard at the port, is it possible to park your car there before your cruise if you are not cruising that day. We are doing a transatlantic so we are flying out of Newark but returning to the port. Figure that we could show the cruise document to prove we are coming back.

Was hoping to do this so we could hop off the ship and hop in the car.

With the security guard at the port, is it possible to park your car there before your cruise if you are not cruising that day. We are doing a transatlantic so we are flying out of Newark but returning to the port. Figure that we could show the cruise document to prove we are coming back.

Was hoping to do this so we could hop off the ship and hop in the car.

It's cheaper to park your car at Newark Airport $10 a day for long term parking compared to $12 a day at the cruiseport.I'm sure you can park there by showing your cruise doc's but unless there is a cruise leaving Cape Liberty,I doubt that yoy can easily get a taxi to Newark Airport.If it was me I'd park at the airport and taxi from the cruiseport when you get back

Archived