Birthday Celebrations on board

Love-to-ride

When we cruise in October my DH will be celebrating his 50 th birthday.:eek: I made sure I told my TA this when I booked. Will Carnival do anything with this info. On Princess last year they put balloons on the doors for celebrations. When they bring a cake to the table during dinner with the waiters singing is this something I have to request ? Do I pay for the cake too ?

When we cruise in October my DH will be celebrating his 50 th birthday.:eek: I made sure I told my TA this when I booked. Will Carnival do anything with this info. On Princess last year they put balloons on the doors for celebrations. When they bring a cake to the table during dinner with the waiters singing is this something I have to request ? Do I pay for the cake too ?

If it has been noted on the reservation by the TA, you may still have to alert your waiter to remind them. The no longer provide a cake for free. They will, though, place a candle in the dessert that they order and sing their version of Happy Birthday. If you like, you can order a cake from the web site and have it delivered at dinner

Ahhh, gone are the days when they provided complimentary cakes for special occasions.....:o I'd just go w/the candle in dessert. And yes, the waiters will sing "Hoppy burday two shoes" to your DH. If you are taking a camcorder, have it ready. It's a hoot!

Of course, you can order a birthday package, where your cabin will be decorated. Go to "Guest Services" on the Carnival website and check it out.

We too will be celebrating birthdays on our upcoming cruise. We gave specific days we wanted to celebrate the birthdays, not knowing they now charge for the icky cake (maybe if you actually eat the cake they won't chagre you). If I call my PVP and ask him to remove the note about the birthdays from our booking info. will that suffice or do I still need to mention this to the head waiter when we get on board?

Also, has anyone celebrated a birthday at the reservation only resturants (such as David's)? Do they do anything special for birthday's or is it the same as in the dining room?

Thanks!

You do not need to order a cake ahead of time...Just tell maitre'de the evening you plan on clelebrating and a cake will be brought out with the usual singing... You have 2 choices for cake sizes. I believe the costs were 6.99 for a small and 9.99 for a larger sized cake.

Archived