Stone Island activities

guntheros

Can you rent jet skis or atv's or snorkel here? I have searched the threads, but am not getting a clear picture. Many say it is quite rustic and not a lot going on, but then I see that you can rent atv's and such. I am just wondering what is what? We would really like a less crowded beach, but would like to rent jet skis/atv's/snorkel. Is this a place you can do these things?

"Can you rent jet skis or atv's or snorkel here? " Yes you can, you can do all of the above. In regards to the snorkeling, the water is not that clear. You can have someone take you out on a boat for snorkeling. They supply the fins and snorkel gear.

It's rustic, but they rent all of the above. You can also do banana boat and fish. There are no crowds, the food is great. We hang out at Victor's, ATV vendors are right next to them. Also, make sure you NEGOTIATE!!!

Fishing too?!?! Is there a tour guide or how do you go about getting some rods to fish with?

You'll see the small boats lined up along the coast, if not, ask someone in one of the restaurants, they'll find someone real quick for you!

our group of 14 loved our day at stone island. f.y.i. i did not see any jet skis for rent. there were atvs, horses, banana boats but no jey skis that i could see. it is a very laid back day at the beach. we loved boogie boarding, horseback riding and just bumming at the beach for the day. plenty of threads on here about it. do not book through the cruise line. it is so easy to get to. less than 10 minute walk/5 minute water taxi ride. look up the details here on the boards. plenty of info for you.:)

our group of 14 loved our day at stone island. f.y.i. i did not see any jet skis for rent. there were atvs, horses, banana boats but no jey skis that i could see. it is a very laid back day at the beach. we loved boogie boarding, horseback riding and just bumming at the beach for the day. plenty of threads on here about it. do not book through the cruise line. it is so easy to get to. less than 10 minute walk/5 minute water taxi ride. look up the details here on the boards. plenty of info for you.:)

Walk?? You can walk there??

No !! You walk to the water taxi terminal and it is a short ride across the channel to Stone Island. (Unless you can walk on water !!!! Just kidding)

OK I get it now :rolleyes:

it is so easy to get to. less than 10 minute walk/5 minute water taxi ride

You walk for 10 min then get on a water taxi for 5!!! ;)

OK I get it now :rolleyes:

it is so easy to get to. less than 10 minute walk/5 minute water taxi ride

You walk for 10 min then get on a water taxi for 5!!! ;)

It about three city blocks walking. You exit the cruise terminal to the street and turn left. Walk to where the paved street turns right and go straight down a dirt road about a hundred yards to the small building at the end. The water taxi will be going across the channel the cruise ship uses.

If you are on deck when the ship arrives, you can see Stone Island on your right and the water taxi building on your left. The water taxis use a small blue dock on the Stone Island side.

It about three city blocks walking. You exit the cruise terminal to the street and turn left. Walk to where the paved street turns right and go straight down a dirt road about a hundred yards to the small building at the end. The water taxi will be going across the channel the cruise ship uses.

If you are on deck when the ship arrives, you can see Stone Island on your right and the water taxi building on your left. The water taxis use a small blue dock on the Stone Island side.

Thanks thats GREAT info!! :)

We went to Stone Island in June and like the other post I did not see any Jetskis (which I actually liked, cuz I didn't have to worry about my kids getting hit out body boarding). We rented a ATV for 30 minutes for $20. The guy in front of my paid $35- so like others have suggested- NEGOTIATE. We also went out on a banana boat paid $5.00 per person.

We didn't horseback ride, but it was fairly inexpensive also.

Have Fun!!

Archived