Pool Swimming Floats

KayJay4

We will be on the Grand Princess in just under a week (YIPPEE!!) so I wanted to know if anyone could advise me on the situations regarding swimming floats? We were hoping that my son could take his along? Also, are inflatables allowed? (we don't want to take any but I am just wondering)

Many thanks

Val

I wanna say no because the pools are not the biggest. Obviously if its floaties for child to stay afloat then yes but not any rafts or anything like that. Could be wrong though.

I agree, there is just no space for anything but kids with arm floats. Rafts or anything large you will be asked to remove from the pool. With as many passengers as use the pools, there is just no added space for floats.

I did take one, from our local pool shop. Its very soft foam, plastic coated, and measures 13x18. They fit beautifully in the bottom of the suitcase, as they are only 1 inch thick. We took them to use mainly in the islands, but I did use it once or twice in the aft pool. They really do not take up any room in the pool, as the 18 inch part is under your chest. Had the pool been crowded, I probably would have felt funny taking it in, but it was not, and nobody batted an eye. Its called a splash board.

Karen

I did take one, from our local pool shop. Its very soft foam, plastic coated, and measures 13x18. They fit beautifully in the bottom of the suitcase, as they are only 1 inch thick. We took them to use mainly in the islands, but I did use it once or twice in the aft pool. They really do not take up any room in the pool, as the 18 inch part is under your chest. Had the pool been crowded, I probably would have felt funny taking it in, but it was not, and nobody batted an eye. Its called a splash board.

Karen

You're talking about the adults only pool aft then correct? The OP was asking for her son, who I would guess would not be able to use the adults only pool which is rarely crowded.

Archived