post cruise tours in NY

love 2cruise

I too wanted to do a NYC post tour on the Carribean Princess. I called Princess to see what will be offered, and they said only one tour called Mahattan Highlights. They said it is about a 6 hour tour, with dorp off at JFK or Newark airports. Tor tours with domestic flights after 4:30pm. You can look up the tour under excursions, but not when you are looking under My Princess. Just look up excursions without going into your specific cruise, because it is not listed there. The one to Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty is only for "in transit". Princess said that is when NYC is an actual stop on a cruise, which they admitted there were few. You can book the Manhattan Highlights only from the ship, not ahead of time. They did not know the cost. Hope that helps.

Lofty

thanks for the info we would really like to do the Princess post tour but they will not commit to an answer since our flight is 4:25 and not after 4:30, I know schedules can be tight, but really a 5 minute differance.

Does anyone know how far Schwartz Travel is from the pier? could we walk their with our bags to store? If so we could just walk around town on our own, just need to unload the bags somwhere. I need to fins out soon because Princess said they would refund a transfer 14 days out from the cruise, no sooner

Schwartz Travel would be a short cab ride from the pier ($10-12). It's about 16 blocks and 3 1/2 avenues give or take a few blocks. You could walk it with luggage, but .... why? How are you getting to Newark Airport? You could walk from Schwartz Travel to either the Port Authority for the bus or Penn Station for the train.

Minga2, what kind of tour did you locate? does it offer transportion back to the ship, you see we have the transferred purchased from Princess and I will need to cancel the return one if we do a tour on our own. I have never been to NY, I told my husband booking private stuff on the islands is a piece of cake compared to NY, any info wold be nice

Karen

Karen, I am trying to get in with familyinnewyork.com. Was told they had no availability but waiting to hear from them today when guide finishes tour and hoping they can help us out because I really want to go with them. They will pick us up at pier and drop us at LaGuardia end of tour. If interested, let me know how many in your group. Also waiting to hear from cpcruzer as she emailed me yesterday.

Archived