Carnival - ship time vs local time

colover

Since the Victory leaves from San Juan, you will start on Atlantic time. I believe that all ports on the itinerary are also on Atlantic time. (You need to check your specific ports, but that was the case when I was on the Victory a couple years ago.) If that is the case, then you shouldn't have to adjust at all. Ship time and local time will be the same.

However, if you were leaving from Florida and going on a Eastern itinerary, then my experience was that the ship changed times. Then you also have to factor in the time of year you are going and if you are affected by daylight saving time.

If your cruise is originating out of San Juan, the ship will keep San Juan time. Carnival ships maintain the same time as their port of embarkation. Both St Thomas and Puerto Rico are in the same time zone. Neither operate on daylight savings time adjustments.

As a rule of thumb: You should bring a watch with you that is set to ship's time for the entire cruise. Do not rely on cell phone times as they may change when you travel between time zones.

Archived