Buying a cruise from US travel agent, from Australia

Gwendy

Has anyone done this? I have found cabins available through a US agent for less than what I can get in Australia. Are there any problems that any has faced if they have done this. Cruise is in South America.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Gwendy

Has anyone done this? I have found cabins available through a US agent for less than what I can get in Australia. Are there any problems that any has faced if they have done this. Cruise is in South America.

Gwendy

hi gwendy, we had booked a cruise with a well known US TA with RCCL and they were great but the price was in USD and they have to convert it to AUD but everything went well and i would book them again.... but some cruise lines us aussies are not allowed to book with some companies but if they can book you on the cruise go for it

rkmw

Gwendy

Have booked several cruises with 2 different US co. However, there are stating now not allowed to sell to other than Us or Canadians. That is only some cruise lines and seems they will still do your businees on the expensive lines??Everything has always gone to plan so if you can do it go for it and as the exchange rate is good at present must be a bargain!!!

It depends on the cruise line. NCL and Carnival allow US TA's to book International guests but almost all of the others don't. Have never been able to understand why you can book a Carnival cruise and not any of the other cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation. A poster once listed all of the cruise lines who would and would not allow this but I have no idea where to look for it. We are in the UK and have just booked an NCL cruise with a large internet travel agent in the US and the service was excellent. However, the same agency have had to refuse a request for a quote for a Princess cruise.

Archived