Horseback riding on beach

Lily2006

Is it better to go through the RCCL excursion for horseback riding on the beach? Do you get to canter or gallop if experienced or is it a line of programed horses? My family likes to ride and it is hard to fiqure out how long you really are riding. thanks

• 3 months later...

We booked a ride on the beach with Pampered Ponies privately for our cruise the first week of December 2010. I would highly recommend Pampered Ponies as it's located on the north beach and our ride was entirely on the beach. Lori (owner) was very responsive and our guide was terrific. We are inexperience riders (normally scuba dive in the islands) but we cruised with 2 experienced riders and decided to forgo scuba diving this time. It was a pleasure to experience the beauty of this island above the water. We encountered very few riders/tourists on the beach (and 5 ships were in port that day) so we really had a terrifc time and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Jeanne

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a solo cruiser and contacted both Coral Stone and Pampered Ponies to inquire about a ride. Pampered Ponies is about $30 cheaper than Coral Stone. However, both said they cannot do a swim ride for just 1 person. I can only hope there will be other people wanting a ride for the same time I'll be there.

Archived