NOT Anti-Kids, Alternatives, Etc...I am ANTI-This!!!

globe9

ROFL!!! Can't wait!:D

Me either!

Oh, just remembered something esle I hate...when I am on the Lido deck by the pool and I take my top off and everyone just stares in either disbelief or shock or whatever...;) I see some elbow jabbing going on then...

GeorgiaGirl, don't worry, I won't trip you in the hallway...unless we have had too many drinks and are racing for the bathroom!;) We all know it is every woman for herself when you have to REALLY pee!:D

See... now how do you know that poor child you tripped didn't have a health issue and was just racing to the bathroom and accidentally bumped your daughter? And here you assumed she was just being naughty. Sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of acting like a vigilante. :D

I'm confused...why should a man give up a seat to me just because I'm a female?

If I'm old, pregnant, handicapped etc....ok

But...I'm none of the above.

Don't men get aches and pains and sore feet...or just tired....?

They deserve to sit.

(I won't lie....I take the seat when offered...but it really isn't necessary. Makes me feel like I look old!)

Sorry, but I do not see why a man should give his seat up for a women. We want equality so we should stand if there are no seats. The only exception would be if the person was elderly or had a disability.

I can't tell where either of you are from, but I would put money down that neither of you are from the South. Down here, that's just how it's done. Just like holding a door open for a woman. Or getting her car door. It has nothing to do with equality -- none of these things affect my right to vote or the amount of my paycheck. It's just a polite way to behave. Our men were brought up to respect women, and I like it that way! (Of course, we reciprocate with a thank you cos we have manners too!)

When you're sailing out of a decidedly southern port like New Orleans, you just would expect at least a couple of well-mannered southern gentlemen to be in your vicinity at any given time.

See... now how do you know that poor child you tripped didn't have a health issue and was just racing to the bathroom and accidentally bumped your daughter? And here you assumed she was just being naughty. Sometimes you have to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of acting like a vigilante. :D

Fran, I love you and I love your posts, so please take this in the humor it was intended....

That belly button is starting to freak me out!!! :eek:

Because HE was in the hall with a bunch of his friends playing tag and knocking on doors...I guess he must have been randomly looking for a bathroom on each door he was knocking on...and I don't need to explain it any further...my post was to GeorgiaGirl, not you...when I quote you it is directed to you...

And I really don't see why you feel the need to comment on everything that I say...it has been established that you have your opinion and I have mine and they are not the same...now you are the one being rude by ridiculing everything I say...

Because HE was in the hall with a bunch of his friends playing tag and knocking on doors...I guess he must have been randomly looking for a bathroom on each door he was knocking on...and I don't need to explain it any further...my post was to GeorgiaGirl, not you...when I quote you it is directed to you...

And I really don't see why you feel the need to comment on everything that I say...it has been established that you have your opinion and I have mine and they are not the same...now you are the one being rude by ridiculing everything I say...

Thankyou Thankyou

Oh come on, I wear pasties...everything that needs to be covered is...:eek:

(I am just kidding)

LMAO! Oh this is going to be too fun! Ok, I have got to walk away from the computer and start packing now. I would personally like to thank all the rude people in the world because without them, we wouldn't have this thread and I wouldn't have laughed so much today!

Cheers! :D

Fran, I love you and I love your posts, so please take this in the humor it was intended....

Better? :)

Back on topic...

My point is....... acting like a vigilante and tripping someone else's child is rude imo. And some parents might decide to teach a lesson to the adult who tripped their child and punch them in the face because that's what they thought was appropriate. And then someone else thinks that's wrong and responds with another violent response. And the cycle of violence continues.

As human beings we are capable of using logic and intelligence to handle the situation instead of allowing our emotions to control our behavior.

jmo.

I can't tell where either of you are from, but I would put money down that neither of you are from the South. Down here, that's just how it's done. Just like holding a door open for a woman. Or getting her car door. It has nothing to do with equality -- none of these things affect my right to vote or the amount of my paycheck. It's just a polite way to behave. Our men were brought up to respect women, and I like it that way! (Of course, we reciprocate with a thank you cos we have manners too!)

born and raised in the south (GA) myself and i agree that's just how things are done. has nothing to do with equality. my husband does all of these things for me. just the same if you are following us in somewhere, he would be polite and hold the door for you as well. moving to florida was quite a change for me.

When you're sailing out of a decidedly southern port like New Orleans, you just would expect at least a couple of well-mannered southern gentlemen to be in your vicinity at any given time.

Bless their hearts! They just don't know any better. ;)

I have never witnessed extremely rude behavior like those that have posted, other than the chair hogs and buffet lines @ Lido. People do tend to get all riled up on vacation about the slightest things, however I agree that if you are walking down the narrow hallways, with the ship sometimes obviously rocking, you're bound to be too close or bump into someone without intending to. If there are more than 2 persons walking, someone with them should move to either get behind them or they all single file so that others on the right can get past. It's just the right thing to do. If you are walking and they don't, then hey, if they get bumped, sorry - but oh well!

I'm not a typically rude person, however I find on here that everyone wants THEIR opinions to be the law of the land. That's just not going to happen. What may not bother you - may bother others. Respect that and stop harping on every little post that you don't agree with.

BTW, my DH opens the car door for me whenever possible, opens the door for me and others when we're out and would happily give up his seat to someone that's elderly, disabled, or just a woman. That's called being a gentleman.....and I'm from the south, so maybe that's why?? I think it has to do with him being mannerable and having a proper upbringing, however he CAN be RUDE!!! lol

I followed this from yesterday and hoped it would have been given a rest...love it!! lol

Well you do have a choice to move on, that is all I was saying ;)

I don't like reading the same topics over and over so if it something I have seen beaten to death like say smuggling alcohol or auto tipping I skip to another thread and save myself the aggravation.

Most (but not all ) are pretty much like this one.

Your right of course, it's my fault.

I was led to believe Criuise Critic boards were something different, my mistake.

Agreed :) First come first served as far as I'm concerned as a female. Unless of course like mentioned Pregnant, elderly, injured, parent w/ small child....male or female.

I'm confused...why should a man give up a seat to me just because I'm a female?

If I'm old, pregnant, handicapped etc....ok

But...I'm none of the above.

Don't men get aches and pains and sore feet...or just tired....?

They deserve to sit.

(I won't lie....I take the seat when offered...but it really isn't necessary. Makes me feel like I look old!)

I have never witnessed extremely rude behavior like those that have posted

thankfully me neither. It would be upsetting to see an adult trip a child intentionally.

People do tend to get all riled up on vacation about the slightest things

I only see a few people like that as I pass by the purser's desk. Most people seem to be enjoying themselves immensely.

however I agree that if you are walking down the narrow hallways, with the ship sometimes obviously rocking, you're bound to be too close or bump into someone without intending to. If there are more than 2 persons walking, someone with them should move to either get behind them or they all single file so that others on the right can get past. It's just the right thing to do. If you are walking and they don't, then hey, if they get bumped, sorry - but oh well!

Exactly. An unintentional bump is understandable but intentionally sticking out an elbow and jabbing someone is rude imo.

Happy Cruising!

I'm from the south (born and lived in Arkansas,god help me!) and am now in north Florida/south Georgia area.

Read my previous post. The southern gentlemen is on the endanged species list and is almosT all but extint!the most polite "group" of people I know are acually northerner's(indiania,Ohio areas).

I feel like I'm missing something here!I'm o. My iPhone an frans coutdown clock just shows up as a blue sq!.....

I feel like I'm missing something here!I'm o. My iPhone an frans coutdown clock just shows up as a blue sq!.....

Nahhh... you're not missing anything. I had a pregnant belly pic but it was freaking some out so I changed it to baby foot prints. :p I'll dig my heels in to protect a child or to take a stand against rude behavior but I'm pretty easygoing on the rest of the stuff.

Originally Posted by 1timecruiser viewpost.gif

I have never witnessed extremely rude behavior like those that have posted

thankfully me neither. It would be upsetting to see an adult trip a child intentionally.

Wow, you really can't seem to let this rest can you...and I can ASSURE you it would be no more upsetting than having someone knock down your child and not think twice about it and think it was funny on top of it! Like I said before, I am not looking for your acceptance nor do I care how you feel about it and from what I have read about others making comments no one else wants to hear you say anymore about it either so why don't you move on since you are so polite and proper and all...

People do tend to get all riled up on vacation about the slightest things

I only see a few people like that as I pass by the purser's desk. Most people seem to be enjoying themselves immensely.

however I agree that if you are walking down the narrow hallways, with the ship sometimes obviously rocking, you're bound to be too close or bump into someone without intending to. If there are more than 2 persons walking, someone with them should move to either get behind them or they all single file so that others on the right can get past. It's just the right thing to do. If you are walking and they don't, then hey, if they get bumped, sorry - but oh well!

Exactly. An unintentional bump is understandable but intentionally sticking out an elbow and jabbing someone is rude imo.

For some reason I could never see the belly pics or the footprints on my screen, but it wouldn't bother me. I just had a baby in April and had a belly pic of me in my bikini on FB and everyone loved it. Who cares if people don't like it; you can post whatever pic you want. I don't think there is anything more beautiful that a pregnant belly, it should be celebrated. Happy pregnancy!

Nahhh... you're not missing anything. I had a pregnant belly pic but it was freaking some out so I changed it to baby foot prints. :p I'll dig my heels in to protect a child or to take a stand against rude behavior but I'm pretty easygoing on the rest of the stuff.

Archived