Oceana Select Dining Supplements

ed the dog

hi ed.

the cost of dining at the horizon grill was as of 23.07.2010, £7.75 per person. we didnt use marco pierre whites resteraunt on oceana but we did on ventura a couple of years ago and that was £20.00 per person for dinner.hope this helps.happy sailing... humpy.

Cafe Jardin which is the restaurant overseen by Marco Pierre White is not a select restuarant in the sense of those on other ships. It is a small restaurant at the top of the atrium. There is no charge for using it at breakfast or lunch - apart from a small charge for certain items. There is a supplement for it in the evening for dinner but it is a very small amount - nothing like £20. Sorry I can't remember exactly how much.

We used the Cafe Jardin for breakfast most days as it is far less crowded than the buffet and gave my husband the opportunity to have a mixture of cereals - odd I know! It is part buffet, you go and help yourself to cereals, cold meats, fruit compotes etc. but you can also order some cooked things - like bacon paninis and there was a kedgeree one morning, but beware it was a very large portion. The waiters will bring you tea or coffee and there are things like croissants, danish pastries, but not toast. We thought it was great.

Carole

Thanks very much for the info everyone.

We are sailing to the Med on 4th Sept, so looks like we will miss you. First time on Oceana, only done Azura and Ventura before and so many we met have said Oceana is their fav ship, so really looking forward to it.

Thanks Again

Agree the supplement for MPW in Cafe Jardin isn't huge, and the experience isn't quiye the same as Arcadian or Oriana Rhodes, or XVII on Azura, mainly due to the tables being around the atrium and not in a upmarket restaurant room , the food was very good though... I remember the pork with crackling straws and butter beans were very tasty! with side vegetables.

p9020211.jpg

p8290007.jpg

Archived