Ship Tour on the Triumph

cajuinbell

Has anyone ever done the ship tour on the Triumph? Was it worth the money?

We are cruising Feb 26, 2011.

I was on the Triumph the 1st week of August and took the "Behind the Fun" tour. I thought it was worth the $95 they charged. Just my opinion though.

Yes it is very much worth the money.

You get to see

Galley

Crew Mess

Officer's Mess

Morgue

Brig

Cold Storage

Laundry room

Crew Bar

Behind the stage

Go out to the bow

Bridge

Engine Control Room

Crew training room

You receive a hat, wristband, lanyard, and a carrying bag. You get a plate of chocolate covered strawberries delivered to your cabin. You get chocolate covered strawberry and a fresh baked cookie while in the galley.

We also received four 8x10 photos. (Have you priced them in the photo gallery?)

triumphcaptain0001.jpg

triumph bow0001.jpg

We cruise this Saturday. Can we get in the pool when we first get onboard?

also, do you know where the specialty coffee shop is located?

thanks!

You probably can get in the pool if you want, but we did not get to Lido the first day (amateur hour). We had an aft wrap cabin and watched the Mississippi go by and enjoyed a few drinks there.

AFA the coffee shop it's on deck 5 (as is everything else) Never went there, but I did hear one comment from a fellow passenger that it was pretty good.

Enjoy your cruise.

We cruise this Saturday. Can we get in the pool when we first get onboard?

also, do you know where the specialty coffee shop is located?

thanks!

Yes you can get in the pool when you first get onboard.

Vienna Cafe is located on Deck 5 Promenade Midship-Starboard side

Dave

The "Behind the Fun" Tour is only offered on the LAST sea day. There are only TWO tours and each is limited to about 15-17 passengers each. NO camera or cell phones are allowed. You will be searched prior to starting the tour. When I did it last Feb, they took way my lighter. It was very worth the price of $95.00. Lots of walking and many step stairs in the crew area. JUST DO IT, but your better book the tour early - like when you get on the ship.

Definitely worth it! We booked it through the excursion desk as soon as we boarded. We didn't get to see the brig or morgue on our tour. Be warned though, we were on our feet for over 4 hours with no breaks. Time flew by so it wasn't bad at all.

I would really like to do this tour on our December 20 cruise...I have just heard many comments about the amount of walking and especially the amount of stair climbing...the idea of the walking doesn't bother me, but I am not used to climbing a lot of stairs...what types of stairs are they? What is the "worst" of it; i.e., the most stairs you climb at one time or the steepest? I am just trying to determine if this is something I can physically handle...I don't want to start the tour and then find out an hour later that I have to discontinue it :(

I would really like to do this tour on our December 20 cruise...I have just heard many comments about the amount of walking and especially the amount of stair climbing...the idea of the walking doesn't bother me, but I am not used to climbing a lot of stairs...what types of stairs are they? What is the "worst" of it; i.e., the most stairs you climb at one time or the steepest? I am just trying to determine if this is something I can physically handle...I don't want to start the tour and then find out an hour later that I have to discontinue it :(

I went with my mom and it was tiring for her (and me) but she was very happy she did it. The mimosas at the end helped out a lot! I don't remember the steps being steep but there were some that were very small which made it a little more difficult for people with big feet. I think the most flights we climbed at one time was 3 or maybe 4 flights.

• 6 months later...

As described above, it is worth the money, and I would do it again on a different ship.

As soon as you walk on the ship stop at the Shore Excursion desk (As soon as you check in on the ship, on the Triumph and similar class ships, walk straight across the lobby, just on the other side of the bar.) and purchase your tickets. They sold out fast on our cruise, but added two more tours for a total of 4.

Jay

Archived