Are We Too Young To Enjoy HAL?? ( Said in the nicest possible way)!!

Jules215

Very useful thread. We have never been on a cruise before but I don't think I'd like the floating theme parks of other cruise lines. Firstly because I guess the average cruiser on HAL is slightly more sophisticated (at least that's my impression from reading around here) and we just love to relax, and not have the feeling all the time that we might be missing the climbing wall, wave-rider or whatever else they have (what's next, roller coasters??).

Cheers,

Vincent

Yes! Disney's newest ship will have a water roller coaster. Not sure how it will work, but it's on the ship. Like you, we sail HAL for a more traditional cruise & a quieter atmosphere.

Good Grief! I have to admit that right now I am totally dumb-founded!

I am an experienced Cruise Critter and have sailed with HAL only one time before. I left there feeling like it was OK, but then they came up with this fabulous itinerary for this winter that I couldn't pass up, so I booked with them again.

If you've sailed before you know it's not unusual for someone to schedule a meet and mingle...a time for us CC members to get together, meet and (usually) have fun. We always do a lot of laughing and just have a good time at these, and they've provided a great way to break the ice with fellow cruisers, compare notes on excursions, etc. They're generally lots of fun, right?

I'm booked on a HAL cruise in December so I joined the board. I suggested our group do what many groups are doing at their M&M's and have a fun gift exchange. They are SO much fun and it's a kick to see what people get for $10 or less. GREAT things like local recipe books, t-shirts, thermos mugs to use on the ship, etc. It just seems to bring fun to what can be a sometimes uncomfortable positions for people who aren't minglers.

Get this....I was told, in no uncertain terms by a cc'r on that board, that when HAL has a Meet and Mingle, that it is a "more reserved" affair and that if I wanted to hold a gift exchange I would have to find another time and place to do it.

My initial thought is what kind of people am I going to be sharing 10 days of my life with? If I had it to do over again, just based on the CC board relating to the cruise I'm going on, I'd choose another cruise line. ANY OTHER cruise line.:(

Perhaps the poster was just trying to find a diplomatic way to tell you that gift exchanges or "grab bags" are one of the cruelest forms of punishment ever to plague the workplace - and now you want to inflict that kind of pain on people while they're on vacation? :eek:

Perhaps the poster was just trying to find a diplomatic way to tell you that gift exchanges or "grab bags" are one of the cruelest forms of punishment ever to plague the workplace - and now you want to inflict that kind of pain on people while they're on vacation? :eek:

Wow!! Great post, agree 100%.;)

Archived