For those of you in Aqua Class who did not like Blu can you tell me why?

stipmom

Wife and I are booked Aqua Class for 9/12/10. I have heard the good things about eating in Blu. However, I would like to hear the bad things as well.

So far, I haven't see much other than folks getting hung up on the butter thing. How about some more responses about your dislikes and please no more butter stories.:).

I had a steak with salad in Blu on Eclipse in May. It was served on a cold plate, an when I got it the steak was only lukewarm. When the waiter asked if I was enjoying it, I commented that it was somewhat cool, I was told that they served it on a cold plate so you did not get a warm salad!

Not sure why they did not serve the salad seperately! Incidently, the steak was delicious, even lukewarm!

My wife had a fish dish with a salsa base, which she found very salty, but they instantly offered to change it.

Richard

I had a steak with salad in Blu on Eclipse in May. It was served on a cold plate, an when I got it the steak was only lukewarm. When the waiter asked if I was enjoying it, I commented that it was somewhat cool, I was told that they served it on a cold plate so you did not get a warm salad!

Not sure why they did not serve the salad seperately! Incidently, the steak was delicious, even lukewarm!

Richard

OK... this would NOT be acceptable to me. I like to have hot foods "hot" and chilled food "chilled"! I have never seen a salad served on the main entree plate! :eek:

Richard

I have noticed that Blu sometimes has steak as an entree and sometimes has steak salad as a dinner salad entry. Do you recall which you ordered?

Rich

strikes me as an odd thread this :confused:....people angling for negatives...and then angling even more when there doesn't appear to be any of any substance....why not just y'know...go and enjoy it?...just a thought :cool:

strikes me as an odd thread this :confused:....people angling for negatives...and then angling even more when there doesn't appear to be any of any substance....why not just y'know...go and enjoy it?...just a thought :cool:
Well, it's called "Cruise Critic," not "Cruise Praiser." :D

A "critic" is not necessarily positive or negative. A good critic attempts to give an honest appraisal best on his knowledge, training and experience. Objectivity is key in rendering a fair analysis. Voicing opinions that are overly positive or overly critical is less than fair to the reader. I tend to look at the track record of the critic before I decide to give weight to his observations.

I just had to add my two cents! When considering the mass of passengers they are required to feed every evening during a 3 hour span, I really couldn't find too much to complain about. I felt the food and atmosphere was comparable to our CC at home! Most meals were above average, with a few misses. That is what most people would find at land based restaurants. There were minor flaws.....mostly due to passenger error (ie:bringing small children into Blu at 8 PM and expecting them to behave! If someone did that to me when I was 4, I may have wanted to scream too!) It really is a great dining room and the service although slow some nights was wonderful. Enjoy the lobster without the butter next time. Usually good lobster doesn't need butter. And lets not forget what the passenger at the table next to us said, "the lobster is the cockroach of the ocean"!!!!!!

I tried to answer the OP's question as to why we didn't care for Blu as honestly as I could with an example. I wasn't expecting all this flack. As I stated before it is JMHO, did it interfere with my cruise,no way, would I go Aqua again, no give me CC. Give it a rest, good thing I am thick skinned.LOL

Thank you teajack for the example. I am the original poster and you did what I asked at the top of the thread. I would have booked Aqua Class but my friends did not care for the Blu menus so we did not.

What about the variety of main dishes each night in Blu? The MDR has 5 or 6 mains on the menu and about 3 extra you can get each night. So in the MDR each night they usually have: One beef, one fish, one fowl, one vegetarian, one pasta and usually a second meat dish like lamb or veal.

And you can always get a steak, roasted chicken and salmon.

Does Blu have the same Variety each night?

What about the variety of main dishes each night in Blu? The MDR has 5 or 6 mains on the menu and about 3 extra you can get each night. So in the MDR each night they usually have: One beef, one fish, one fowl, one vegetarian, one pasta and usually a second meat dish like lamb or veal.

And you can always get a steak, roasted chicken and salmon.

Does Blu have the same Variety each night?

Pretty much yes to all!

There were minor flaws.....mostly due to passenger error (ie:bringing small children into Blu at 8 PM and expecting them to behave! If someone did that to me when I was 4, I may have wanted to scream too!)

I'm confused. I thought Aqua Class was restricted to couples (or two people, in any case), and that Blu was reserved for those in Aqua Class cabins. If both of my "understandings" are correct, how can there be small children in Blu??? If it does happen, I'd guess not often???

It's bad enough to be in a regular restaurant with unhappy little ones, but I expect and understand it. After all, our 26 year-old daughter was not perfect as a toddler. But I was hoping to escape that possibility in Blu.

Ready to be flamed for being anti-kid, I remain

Sam

Sam

Families book 2 cabins, and all eat in Blu, easy!

The youngest on our cruise was older teenager with her mother.

Blu is a wonderful experience, not everyone likes it, but it suits us fine. Good job, as we have 3 more cruises booked in Aqua, and our future preferred cruise will be Eclipse/Aqua .

Richard

Sam

Families book 2 cabins, and all eat in Blu, easy!

The youngest on our cruise was older teenager with her mother.

Blu is a wonderful experience, not everyone likes it, but it suits us fine. Good job, as we have 3 more cruises booked in Aqua, and our future preferred cruise will be Eclipse/Aqua .

Richard

Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious. I'm really not that dumb, but the dementia appears to be creeping up on me.

Sam, aka Idiot

........the food was terrific.......the patrons were a cut above the average....the glass exterior wall provided awesome views...the wait staff was outstanding...no children (on our voyage). We enjoyed Blu so much that we booked a 16-day cruise in Aqua Class while onboard.

Archived