Has anyone stayed on Queen Mary in Long Beach?

BluexMoon

Although I haven't spend a night on board the Queen Mary, I have gone there for lunch and a tour of the ship. Wonderful! I was surprised to see how very small the cabins are, as compared to today's.

Ghosts......I do plan on spending a night there next trip to visit daughter in L.A. and I've heard all the stories and actually look forward to some spooky sights.

Perhaps somebody who has experience will answer this - for both of us!:)

No ghost stories to tell, but when we stayed onboard in Long Beach (for 4 nights, as my brother and SIL got married onboard the ship), our cabin was HUGE. I think we got a deluxe suite. It was on the same deck as the Purser's Desk, as I recall, and it had two double beds, a table and chair set that sat 4 comfortably, and a large bathroom with full tub. We had a porthole. We loved it!

Spent four nights on the Queen Mary about eighteen- nineteen years ago. It was beautiful. It was a company business meeting with about eighty people. The public rooms and lounges were beautifully decorated (Art Deco). The service was excellent. The ship just reaked of nostalgia. Sorry to report no ghost sightings or even rumours of ghosts. The Spruce Goose was next door but not sure if it is still there. It also was amazing to see.

We had a large group stay there last year. Very nice. It made me thing of the Mardi Gras ship. We all had a good size room with a pothole. Some of us did the ghost tour. It was good,but dark. Oh and you might get alittle spray of water.:D As for ghost stories my dd (12) just wrote a ghost story about the ship for her English class. She got an A and has not got her paper back from her teacher yet. (Paper was written last month.) We typed it on old looking paper and the teacher showed it to everyone. I thought the story was really good and she left it so it could be continued....

We had dinner on the ship too. It was very good. It was nice waking up and going outside to see the Pride docked there. It looked huge....

My husband and myself stayed there last Sunday night. I think our room had

not been redone as many have been. The bed was very uncomfortable, it

sure needed a new mattress. The cabin it self was large with 2 good size port hole. We also eat there and thought the food was very good. If you are cruising make sure to park in the Queen Mary parking lot as it's only 10.00

a day verses 12.00 in the other parking lot. We left our car there and had no problems. It's a easy walk to early check in at the Queen Mary.

Number1cruiser

Archived